Allergic reaction to Band 2?

MassDeduction

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I know someone who got a Band 2 and appears to be having an allergic reaction to it. Perhaps there's nickel in it? Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, what did you do to correct it?

MassDeduction

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I checked for such a thread in the Band 2 forum, but didn't even think about checking for something similar in the OG Band forum. Genius! :D Thank you very much.

lankylars

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
During normal use, I do not experience any kind of reaction. However, I have noticed that after wearing the Band 2 for extended periods in very humid/moist environments, it does cause slight irritation on the skin where both the optical HR monitor and skin response sensor make contact. I have no metal/plastic/material allergies.
As a general good practice, I'd recommend periodically removing your band, wiping/cleaning the contact surfaces by appropriate means, and making sure to clean and dry your skin occasionally.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I've also found from time to time I'll have skin irritation. I suspect it's from wearing it a bit too tight so that it can't move as needed and places the skin under tension.

sluggish_user

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
The first several days of wearing the band made the skin of my inside wrist uncomfortable from contacting HR sensor but it faded away after some days. If your allergy is not very serious, I guess your skin will get use to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon