New replacement Band 2 won't can't find GPS?!?

mrbrianlee

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
My Band 2 started splitting 2 weeks ago so went in to the local Microsoft store and arranging a replacement was a breeze (although they didn't give me one on the spot but instead ordered me one).

New one arrived and based on the non-retail packaging, it could be a refurb. Cosmetics were pristine and all functions worked EXCEPT when I tried to use the Run Tile.

It just won't lock on to GPS. It keeps giving me the "searching for GPS" message until it literally runs out of power.

I have tried:
  • Syncing with my phone (950XL) immediately before starting a run
  • Factory resetting the Band 2 and setting it up again
  • Just starting the run and letting the GPS try to lock during my run (45mins)
None of these solutions has worked.

Anyone else encountered this problem or has any other ideas? (950XL is on latest official, non-insider build, Band 2 has latest firmware).

Thanks!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The first GPS lock always takes the longest. After the first one, it's significantly faster on the proceeding locks.

However, yours seems like it's taking longer than it should. I'd say put it on the charger and have it search for GPS. If it goes past 45 minutes, and never finds GPS, i'd say restart the band and try again. If that still doesn't work, try a factory reset. And if that still doesn't work, you got a bad apple and you should get it replaced.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a "bad GPS day", but that seems kinda excessive. Give it another try in a clear area (clear of obstructions, not the weather), and if it still is bad, take it back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon