Microsoft Band 2 battery indication floating(inaccurate), is this normal?

PeterTheGeek17

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft Band 2 battery indication floating(inaccurate)

I got a Microsoft Band 2, and lately I've found that the battery life is getting terrible.
As i pay a close attention, today, when I charged it to 33%, I took it off the charger and went to the library. And 3 hours later, I got home and plugged it onto the charger, and it displayed that the battery is at 75%.
It is definitely ABNORMAL. And with this issue, I suppose the battery can't be properly fully charged?
So Im wondering whether anyone has the same issue? or there is sth to keep an eye on when charging the band to avoid such anomaly?

koolnaija

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Band 2 battery indication floating(inaccurate)

I have also seen issues with battery life lately. It seems like the last software update changed the way the band functions and the result is shorter battery life for the day. I cannot even got a full day without exercise on a single charge.

Robert Digilio

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site

Yeah I noticed this too. I thought I got a bad replacement device but I guess it is the latest software update. Hopefully they address this ASAP.

rickt1

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site

I have also noticed this recently it definately was ok before the the last few software updates

MagusShadow

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

I as well. I wonder, are any of you in the preview program for Win10 mobile? It may be the latest firmware for the band itself but perhaps the fast ring updates are doing something like the phone is communicating with the band too much in the background or something. Will try to turn off Bluetooth and see if there is a dramatic difference, when I can.

Sam Swancutt

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Battery life on the Band 2 and my phone (Lumia 640 fast ring) have got worse in the last few weeks. I don't even get a low battery warning on the band now...

marchius

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
When I have used "heart rate zones" ON during workout, my band battery was not very good. But now I have turned it off, and the battery looks good again.
Try it. Not so much use of this heart rate zones anyway...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon