Battery life decrease?

sluggish_user

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
My band 2 used to last for two days for one recharge. But recently the battery only lasts one day. Does anyone have similar issue? Is that a software problem or hardware?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My band 2 used to last for two days for one recharge. But recently the battery only lasts one day. Does anyone have similar issue? Is that a software problem or hardware?

over time the battery life does decrease, but yours seem faster than it should be. Any changes that happened recently? New activity, or syncing issues?

epmoj

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem but the latest AU build 14393.103 seems to have fixed this problem. I'm a Windows Insider in the Release Preview level.

maobrien

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I am also quite heavily affected by this, to the point where a fully charged band will not last 3 hours of cycling (with GPS power saver turned on) Do we have an idea when the update mentioned will be available to people not in the insider programme?

sluggish_user

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Chintan Gohel
Originally Posted by sluggish_user

over time the battery life does decrease, but yours seem faster than it should be. Any changes that happened recently? New activity, or syncing issues?

I think it started around two weeks ago. Not something gradual. It could be AU, that's the only thing changed. Btw, MS health often report network error when syncing.

maobrien

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I would concur with sluggish user, it only starter a week or so back, around the time the AU was released to mobiles here in the UK. I have also been occasionally getting the network error when syncing. Tend to have to leave it an hour before trying again.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been noticing the same problem, and it started after the anniversary update. It's annoying because the reduced battery life didn't come with any positives, like more reliable Bluetooth functionality.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Hmmm. Mine battery life has gotten better. I assumed it was the announced Bluetooth improvement in a recent AU build .103, if I recall correctly. I'm on Insider.

206Husky

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I am also quite heavily affected by this, to the point where a fully charged band will not last 3 hours of cycling (with GPS power saver turned on) Do we have an idea when the update mentioned will be available to people not in the insider programme?
Did you have bluetooth on? I've had this issue as well, but now when I cycle, I turn bluetooth off, and it doesn't seem to be as much of an issue.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I came searching for a reason why my Band 2 suddenly last week started not lasting two days on a charge. I can't really find a reason. I really only wear it for sleep recording, an alarm and time piece. Yes, I know I'm vastly underutilizing its usefulness. That being said, I have always had a good two full days on a charge, until last week. Nothing has changed in how I wear it, what I do while wearing it, functions, etc. It actually seems to be getting worse as I now have to charge it every day because it will be nearly dead by late morning on the second day.

Any ideas, thoughts, comments? :)

206Husky

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm also having this issue. Lucky to last a day, now I charge in the morning and evening. Went to 4 hours GPS to 2 hours GPS (Bike ride).

I got a Garmin device for my bike, so now I use GPS power saver on my Band since the Garmin can track the GPS more accurately and last 8 hours.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes