Would you still buy a Band 2?

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If I had a guarantee the battery wouldn't flop or the wrist strap tear, then most definitely. The combined replacements because of those issues between me and my gf's Band 2 is up to 8. Thank goodness there's two brick and mortars around us.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
The real question is what is the future of MS Health. Without the back end, I don't know as the device will do much. Even the app seems to have to poll the back end for the display.

While MS says they're supporting Health, I'm not sure what that means. It may be "we're not killing it today - we'll wait until usage falls off first." :eck:

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
The real question is what is the future of MS Health. Without the back end, I don't know as the device will do much. Even the app seems to have to poll the back end for the display.

While MS says they're supporting Health, I'm not sure what that means. It may be "we're not killing it today - we'll wait until usage falls off first." :eck:

It's just weird they renamed Health to Microsoft Band, but then they kill the Band?? What am I missing?

ULTRA_NUUB

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Yup, sent mine back for repairs to Australia. Cousin asked if I wanted a refund, I told him as long as they have my size I want a replacement.

Hoping there's a band 3 in the works for next year.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Put mine into a drawer after a year. It is actually my third warranty replacement unit. I would have sold it on eBay but my son opened the box.

Short battery life, too bulky, and having to find the oddball charging cable always.

Sent from mTalk

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm on my replacement Band 2. Still think it is the best thing on the market for what I need. Hearing about how the 3 was supposed to be almost the same looking but waterproof has given me the sad.

I'd def buy another one. May actually have to considering their durability :(

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Eventually gave up on replacing my Band 2 over and over again, so went with Garmin vivoactive HR. So far after a week of having it, been very impressed by the build quality, features, and the app is pretty well designed. Notifications are the only buggy thing, but I can live with it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. Bought a Fitbit Charge HR for the Speaker of the House over the weekend and she's not as thrilled as she thought she would be. My Band 2 runs circles around it. Chumming the waters on feeBay or a small Band 2.

MichaelRockwell

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
The Original Band was solid. I still wear and use mine daily. My wife got a Band 2 and it has been nothing but problems. Like so many times in the past Microsoft is again messing up and dropping a great product. Remember in 1999 and the early 2000's when Microsoft was promoting the Windows Phone and Tablet PC's? Only to lose that market to Apple and others. The Surface is a return to greatness on the tablet front. Just think if they would not of lost the phone business to Apple. They also had an opportunity to buy YouTube for next to nothing but chose to create their own Soapbox service that promptly tanked. The wearable health computer is the next big product and Microsoft is walking away from that business. I am liking what I am seeing out of Samsung. They are going to be my replacement for my Band.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes