Skype for HoloLens - A one way street?

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Needless to say, I am more than impressed with HoloLens.
What I would like to know though is how Microsoft plans on implementing Skype going forward.
Yes, we saw a demo of it, but it only showed how skype works if only ONE person in the call uses HoloLens.
Technically I see no way to use skype for more than a voice call if both attendants wear the device, since there simply is no way to capture the caller with video.
Or will it be a call where each participant sees what the other side sees?
What would be the use case for that?

Don't het me wrong, I like what I saw, I just wonder where it might go from there...

What do you think?

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The only way I can see a two way video call using the hololens is if the person using the device is facing a mirror. Hmmm.... I wonder if it would be possible to create a holographic mirror?

Mohammed Hikmet

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Well one person is enough, because how'd you see each other if both of you are wearing Le HoloLens? :p so you can take turns in wearing it in every call haha :p

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I thought abut that too, but all you would see then is a person with the face mostly covered with the HoloLens. Doesn't sound too appealing to me. Maybe there simply isn't much more than the one party HoloLens use case?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss