Will Windows Mixed Reality games work on the HoloLens?

Generalheed

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I already own a HoloLens and it was a significant investment for sure. But now it seems like Microsoft has a renewed focus on VR instead with their Windows Mixed Reality headsets. I was wondering though if games released for the Windows Mixed Reality platform would still be compatible with the HoloLens? They're technically the same platform so it should work right? I'm mainly looking forward to trying out that new Halo VR demo called Halo Recruit but I don't really want to put down another $300-400 on a VR set when I have a perfectly good HoloLens. For what it's worth, Microsoft did "promise" that HoloLens and Mixed Reality Headsets would be equals and share the same apps, etc. Indeed, a few HoloLens apps got WMR ports too, but so far I haven't heard anything about the other way around. What concerns me is that the HoloLens is way below the minimum requirements to run a WMR headset on a Windows 10 PC.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
HoloLens is not a WMR device though, as it came out way before the WMR platform. It was always pretty much demo tech for devs. If MS can make it WMR compatible (so, Cliff House capable etc.) then it will be a good thing. I wonder how though, given the small 'letterbox' display and no controllers. Certainly won't be a great experience trying to do VR on HoloLens, but perhaps there could be some cross over?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifeca1295