Lumia 535 - 1 Day Review

Abdul Muhaymin Arif

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 535 - My One day review.

One Line Review : Fast, Smooth, affordable price and great build quality.
Brought Black (Matte Finish) Phone, with many pre-installed Apps like Souq, MixRadio, etc.
Installed more than 20 apps.

Detailed:
Cons:
When playing games, they resolution is not nice like smaller screen device. Bigger size and low resolution make it less crisp.
Touch sensitivity issue (It makes user crazy sometimes. Hope the assured update which solve comes fast as soon as possible).
No Sensors such as Gyroscope, Magnetometer.
No Camera Button
No Glance Screen
Screen Resolution is low, Still it doesn't make any issue.
No 720 p recording with both Cameras.
Fingerprint MAGNET

Pros.
Gorilla Glass 3.
Battery Backup (want to test even more rigorously, but it takes time)
Not much heating.
Faster Performance. (No Lag, not that much resuming screen faced till now).
Good quality images with both Cameras.

Tortured phone with
2K Video : Can't sync audio and video together and sometime crashes
1080p : Lower fps files work fine with default player, 18 Mbps Video (divx format) works fine in Moli Player
1080 p m2ts: 29fps moli player can't handle, it doesn't sync.
1080 p m2ts: 24 fps below works fine with moli player.
720 p below it works fine with any player.
VLC was unable to process 1080p above mentioned videos.

Music, Audio Speaker is at bottom, while playing games, we can cover it by hands, So it will affect our gameplay, with less sound.

Other wise, sound is fine.

Ask if any doubts :)
Photo Samples, soon after I reach India.
I brought it from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia for 449 SAR - (Rs 7600 / 119 $)

Last edited:

faalil

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
i am looking for a Dual sim phone for secondary usage.. i planned to buy Lumia 630 Dual sim, but from last week Lumia 535 came to all nokia stores in lka.. now i am confused which one to buy.. can you suggest me which is the best ?
i am already own a Lumia 920 as my primary phone

Abdul Muhaymin Arif

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
If you want motion data (sensor core) and miracast support go for lumia 630 DS. Other wise go for 535.
Also if you live in India/China there is another good option Lumia 638, it also packs with 1 GB Ram if you don't care about front cam and flash.

faalil

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
If you want motion data (sensor core) and miracast support go for lumia 630 DS. Other wise go for 535.
Also if you live in India/China there is another good option Lumia 638, it also packs with 1 GB Ram if you don't care about front cam and flash.
Mostly I am care about app support (512mb or 1GB ), speed without lagging and resolution, should be dual sim. only 630 and 535 are fitting in to my budget... I think 535 is better, which phone would you suggest me as a 535 user ?

Sorry for terrible English :p

Abdul Muhaymin Arif

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Go for 535 if you don't care about motion data and miracast support.
And if your area have Lumia 638 go for it... Because it have 1 gb RAM, and snap dragon 400 processor.

nolanpangestu

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
You better go for L630 with 1gb ram if you want the good build quality, I've L535 with updated OS.. There is some improvement with touch issue.. But still not perfect.. Even my L520 did better on hardware.. The common issues you will notice when use L535 is bad touch, poor back cover, poor button (on/off , volume) quality... When you compare it with L520 at the same time you will notice all..

faalil

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
You better go for L630 with 1gb ram if you want the good build quality, I've L535 with updated OS.. There is some improvement with touch issue.. But still not perfect.. Even my L520 did better on hardware.. The common issues you will notice when use L535 is bad touch, poor back cover, poor button (on/off , volume) quality... When you compare it with L520 at the same time you will notice all..
Is Lumia 630 available with 1GB Ram? Or u r u talking about Lumia 638?

CandrabeQx

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for correcting me buddy. It has proximity sensor, But it's perfectly designed, so that we cannot see it by naked eye :)
yup, all we can see is the front cam (I myself can't find where's the proximity sensor). but you can tell it's there by making a random call, then try to cover up the top part of your phone, the screen will be blacked out (it's located between earpiece & frontcam).

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 535 - My One day review.

One Line Review : Fast, Smooth, affordable price and great build quality.
Brought Black (Matte Finish) Phone, with many pre-installed Apps like Souq, MixRadio, etc.
Installed more than 20 apps.

Detailed:
Cons:
When playing games, they resolution is not nice like smaller screen device. Bigger size and low resolution make it less crisp.
Touch sensitivity issue (It makes user crazy sometimes. Hope the assured update which solve comes fast as soon as possible).
No Sensors such as Gyroscope, Magnetometer.
No Camera Button
No Glance Screen
Screen Resolution is low, Still it doesn't make any issue.
No 720 p recording with both Cameras.
Fingerprint MAGNET

Pros.
Gorilla Glass 3.
Battery Backup (want to test even more rigorously, but it takes time)
Not much heating.
Faster Performance. (No Lag, not that much resuming screen faced till now).
Good quality images with both Cameras.

Tortured phone with
2K Video : Can't sync audio and video together and sometime crashes
1080p : Lower fps files work fine with default player, 18 Mbps Video (divx format) works fine in Moli Player
1080 p m2ts: 29fps moli player can't handle, it doesn't sync.
1080 p m2ts: 24 fps below works fine with moli player.
720 p below it works fine with any player.
VLC was unable to process 1080p above mentioned videos.

Music, Audio Speaker is at bottom, while playing games, we can cover it by hands, So it will affect our gameplay, with less sound.

Other wise, sound is fine.

Ask if any doubts :)
Photo Samples, soon after I reach India.
I brought it from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia for 449 SAR - (Rs 7600 / 119 $)

I bought my Lumia 535 in the UAE for AED 469... :( You got it cheap.

Whatever... BTW did you try opening the Souq.com app preinstalled?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon