Proximity Sensor failure?

CandrabeQx

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
anyone notice that automatic brightness on Lumia 535 is somehow not working? I've been curious, so I tested the proximity sensor and get to know that there's something wrong with the sensor...

anyone has the same issue?

edit:
what I want to show on that video is the fluctuative reading and the reading still showing some value (~13 lx) even when I cover up the sensor. this issue not happening on my L1020.

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
My 925 reacts the same but to me this is not a "defect". The lux-o-meter gives an indication and the scale is logarithmic.
If you use it and there will be no reading under whatever light source you place it than your sensor is defect.

CandrabeQx

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 925 reacts the same but to me this is not a "defect". The lux-o-meter gives an indication and the scale is logarithmic.
If you use it and there will be no reading under whatever light source you place it than your sensor is defect.
details added on 1st post.

Last edited:

CandrabeQx

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It would have been more clear what you wanted if you had added the 1020 information in your first post.

sure, thanks for mentioning.

so is this normal? is your L925 has the same fluctuative reading with lux-o-meter?
I suspect that this causing my L535's auto brightness not working as expected.

stz184

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure is it my problem related to the thread or not, but probably it is.
Very often, virtually every second call, the stupid proximity sensor thinks that the phone is moved away from the ear and the screen is being activated for few seconds - enough time to press accidentally speakerfone, pause or just end call button. It's really annoying! And there is no option to calibrate the sensor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon