I bought a new Lumia 535 2 days back and did an update. The changelog for the update:

• Touch screen performance improvements.
    • Cortana, the most personal digital assistant, is now available in more markets.
    • You can easily switch your mobile data connection on or off in the action centre.
    • Install phone updates more easily by scheduling them for a time that works best for you.
    • Stability and performance improvements.

The changelog hints strongly that this update will fix some touchscreen sensitivity issues that have been previously reported by owners of the device, along with some other improvements and additions.

After update I found that the touch screen performance has been improved. But I felt a jerky feeling when the menu is dragged slowly. For users who find this problem simplay goto ease of access and turn off screen magnifier. After that touch is far smoother.

Mobile data connection in action center was a huge relief and works fine.

Havent tested the update shedule option yet.

Performance is improved as promised. Before buying I checked the phone at a retailer shop. The phone didnot contain the update and it's performance was very bad. Actually it made me think twice if to buy 535 or not, but I heard about the update and went for it.

The problem with the update now is Cortana. Cortana was released as an alpha release in India. After some researching found that I have to change the Speech language to English UK. But I am unable to download the language pack. It shows "Couldnt download. Tap to retry" every time. Actually no speech languages are downloading.

If anyone found a fix for this please give some info on how to do it. I tried updating the phone several times, but it shows phone is upto date. Tried installing high speed wifi as well as 3G internet.
    01-01-2015 07:55 AM
    01-01-2015 08:09 AM
    The touch issue on the Lumia 535 remains even after updated, reset and there is no way out because Microsoft sold a lemon set to all the buyers of Lumia 535.
    01-01-2015 08:58 PM
    For me the touch issue is almost taken care of...though I also cannot download speech pack...anyone else has tried downloading the speech or any workarounds will be greatly appreciated...
    01-01-2015 09:03 PM
    For me the touch issue is almost taken care of...though I also cannot download speech pack...anyone else has tried downloading the speech or any workarounds will be greatly appreciated...
    Change your region and keyboard.
    01-01-2015 09:08 PM
    Change your region and keyboard.
    I did try changing region and keyboard. As a matter of fact according to microsoft we dont need to change the region and keyboard for cortana in India for denim updated users.
    01-01-2015 09:24 PM
    Did anyone try reverting back to factory installed version of denim and install the speech pack?
    01-01-2015 09:30 PM
    Did anyone try reverting back to factory installed version of denim and install the speech pack?
    I had this problem the first time I brought 520.

There is a good article on WPC about activating cortana in India by Abhishek Baxi
    01-02-2015 01:38 AM

Performance is improved as promised. Before buying I checked the...
    Has it really improved?
    I own 520,625,820 and 535 looked really bad while scrolling.

I wanted to buy for my gf but was reluctant after reading the horror stories about ghost touch etc.

You got the update via DP or without it?
    01-02-2015 01:41 AM
    yeah the same problem is being encountered by me too.the speech settings part is really annoying
    01-02-2015 04:51 AM
    Has it really improved?
    I own 520,625,820 and 535 looked really bad while scrolling.

I wanted to buy for my gf but was reluctant after reading the horror stories about ghost touch etc.

You got the update via DP or without it?
    Yes performance has improved. I checked lumia 535 in 5 different stores and by far the best performance came from my phone after the update. I got the update without DP. Only problem I am facing now is I am uable to use cortana because I am unable to download speech language. I asked several other lumia users to check my phone and their feedback was touch is almost upto lumia standards when screen magnifier is turned off.
    01-02-2015 09:03 AM
    I had this problem the first time I brought 520.

There is a good article on WPC about activating cortana in India by Abhishek Baxi
    Could you provide a link
    01-02-2015 09:14 AM
    yeah the same problem is being encountered by me too.the speech settings part is really annoying
    Have you tried hard rest and installing speech before update.
    01-02-2015 09:28 AM
    what's D.P?
    01-02-2015 12:19 PM
    no not till now,but i will do it and get back to you
    01-02-2015 12:19 PM
    I did try hard reset with language as English (United Kingdom)...still didn't work...probably only thing which I didn't do is select region also as UK
    01-02-2015 01:02 PM
    I have the same issue............touchscreen issue of my lumia 535 remains even after the update............anyone else having the same issue...
    01-02-2015 02:43 PM
    Could you provide a link
    Activate Cortana alpha version in India, Canada, and Australia | Windows Central
    01-03-2015 12:12 AM
    I did try hard reset with language as English (United Kingdom)...still didn't work...probably only thing which I didn't do is select region also as UK
    After reset where you able to download sppech language
    irawan yudhi likes this.
    01-03-2015 01:15 AM
    i have had the same problem after updating the phone and i have tried factory resets , soft resets by pressing the volume down key and power button for 15 secs , hard resets by pressing a number of keys and changing the region and language while booting still getting the same error .
    i chatted with a microsoft Tech support agent for an hour at the end he told me that i will have to go to the service center to get the firmware restored
    01-03-2015 06:07 AM
    I've looked into all the articles regarding activating Cortana in India, and also referred to my friends who are well clued up in Windows Phone OS ways. This seems to be an error caused by the latest OS/ Firmware update. Hope there is an update to fix this soon...
    01-03-2015 11:31 AM
    For further Bugs/Defects for the Lumia 535, please use this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lum...s-defects.html
    Guytronic and Avinash V Raj1 like this.
    01-03-2015 11:54 AM