Dual SIM sms backup

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have a 1020, single SIM, and a dual SIM 535. The 535 has no SIM usually, except when I'm on holidays abroad. In April, it got a foreign SIM (slot 2, slot 1=empty). Right now I'm testing W10 and put a Finnish SIM into the slot 2 ahead of our holidays in Finland.

While SIM1 reflects my main account messages (the ones sent and received on the 1020), and SIM2 all the messages sent and received abroad, whichever the SIM was, I've noticed that now, on my 1020, I get all the messages : the SIM1 ones of course, but also the SIM2 ones.

Is it a normal behaviour (when saved into the cloud, SIM1+SIM2 are restored/transfered as such on any Lumia connected to the same MSA account)?

Or is there a way to see only the SIM1 messages on my 1020 (this is basically why I leave the SIM1 empty on the 535, to separate holidays messages with disposable/secondary SIMs and my daily life ones)?

I don't know if I'm clear, i'm happy to be more specific if I am not.

thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
This is indeed "normal" behavior if you use the same MS account on more phones and you enable the text backup on these phones SMS from one phone will show up in the other phone and visa versa.
The only way to get them "separate" is to enable for example the text backup in the 1020 but disable it on the 535.
But this also means that your 535 sms-es will not be back-upped.

No I said it's "normal" but I agree with you that it is not "wanted" so I would like to see an update (maybe in W10) where you can use text backup in more phones (with the same MS account) but still "separated" by phone number.

Anyhow have a nice holiday in Finland.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon