Why is my battery draining so fast?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi I'm using Lumia 535, I bought It one month ago. I just use WhatsApp and Music. still my battery life is draining so fast. If I continuously use WhatsApp it run upto only 2 hours on normal mode with mobile connection, and If I stopped allowed it run in background it run upto maximum 2/5 or 3 hours. I checked in battery saver it is showing that WhatsApp is using 30% of battery but other apps like music or facebook is showing use of less than 2%. In android whatsapp uses less than 2 % of battery, is there any way to fix it?

Joey1020

May 16, 2014
Visit site
its the app itself, aslos remove cortana from your start screen if its on there it just causes problems in general,now, for your issue particular, run low brightness and battery saver mode settings to the setting "when battery is under 20% or when battery gets low" there is a setting for that in battery saver. Now you need to let your phone die completely to do a battery refresh. after your phone dies completley, let it be dead for 2 hours. then charge to 100% and you must limit your usage of whatsapp or music as much as you can afford becuase there is a good chance whatsapp isint liking your phone in particular and is being a bit of a batt hog, now i recommend battery apps to check what really is using your battery and your windows phone should have a built in setting to check this as well. if problem persist, you need to contact your manufacturer or your carrier for a free battery diagnostic, they should not charge you just for a a diag reguardless of warranty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon