Screen goes black when I dial Lumia 535

bertie11

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Every time I enter a phone/text number on the keypad and press call the screen goes black as soon as it tries to dial out. I cannot get it back until the call hangs up or fails because it can't connect.

It's driving me up the wall. It was working fine and then about 3 days ago this started. I saw something about the proximity sensor being dirty so took the cover off and cleaned any dust out of the rear. No good.

Any ideas please?
Thanks.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Every time I enter a phone/text number on the keypad and press call the screen goes black as soon as it tries to dial out. I cannot get it back until the call hangs up or fails because it can't connect.

It's driving me up the wall. It was working fine and then about 3 days ago this started. I saw something about the proximity sensor being dirty so took the cover off and cleaned any dust out of the rear. No good.

Any ideas please?
Thanks.

Tried a soft reset?

bertie11

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Actually, when I say I took the cover off, I meant the phone cover. Is the proximity sensor behind the plate held in by 4 screws on the 535?
Thanks.

bertie11

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
OK got it sorted. Because it was taking several taps at times to get key presses to register I took it into a local shop and he fixed that and the screen going blank problem. Just taking the rear cover off the 535 doesn't get the the proximity sensor so he went deeper and found the problems

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac