Bought Lumia 640xl

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
There is no dedicated button for camera on Lumia 640XL

You have to follow the steps
1) double-tap the screen to wake up the device
2)Pull down the settings from top and you have to select "Camera" option in it. That's it.

Easy to snap lovely to share :)

Do you mean the notification shade with all the toggles? Problem is, if the phone is protected with password, can we still pull it down?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Another thing in windows 8.1 update 2 is that when you receive a call while you put on your headphones with the ringer volume set to zero the phone rings.. While the old version keeps on playing the song even if the call comes..

Does it mean that it is bad? Weird that the ringer volume is at zero, yet it still rings? Ain't it suppose to vibrate instead?

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Nothing happened as you mentioned, even the vibrate is turned ON, the device vibrated while music is played in earphones.

Another thing in windows 8.1 update 2 is that when you receive a call while you put on your headphones with the ringer volume set to zero the phone rings.. While the old version keeps on playing the song even if the call comes..

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
It's not happening on my device though. I checked with both vibrate On & Off
Vibrate Off------ The music plays uninterruptedly.
Vibrate On------ The music plays uninterruptedly but with vibrations.

Does it mean that it is bad? Weird that the ringer volume is at zero, yet it still rings? Ain't it suppose to vibrate instead?

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean the notification shade with all the toggles? Problem is, if the phone is protected with password, can we still pull it down?

Yeah we can access the camera button... We can change what toggles you need in the settings..... notification + actions.. You can take pictures and access gallery even when it is locked..

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey. Congrats to the 640XL owners.

Let me know few things regarding 640XL.
1) Presently I'm using L520 and wanna upgrade to this. So being 1gb RAM it is relatively fast and compared to L520 definitely I can satisfy with the speed. But Will existing 1GB RAM phone owners will feel the same speed and fast resume between apps and lock screen(without showing that Loading .... message). R u people frequently seeing that loading message?

2) How is the Audio Quality while in listening music or in calls too. Does it support Surrounded or Dolby

3) How is the battery backup. If I browse continuously on mobile data(2g) L520 drains in 3-4 hours. So how it will be if I use the same amount...

4) Actual Screen space to original given space(ratio)

5)Seems it has equalizer. Please confirm it.

6) Picture quality when we zoom(cause of low density I'm asking this)
Let me know these genuinely

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
1) I haven't used 512 mb ram device so i don't know about it.. What i feel is the more number of apps you install the more loading message comes.. I for one have installed around 100 apps
2) audio quality is good in calls.. It doesn't have Dolby.. I compared the sound quality with my old 820 of course there is some difference.. We can make that up by tinkering with equalizer.. It does have virtual surround
3) Battery backup is very very good.. After coming from 820 which gives max 6 hours this one gives immense satisfaction.. It gives 20 hours with 3g and gps turned on discharge rate is around 5% per hour with moderate usage.. Only if you play games discharge rate congress to around 12% per hour.. So you can easily make a day with single charge.. But it takes four hours to charge fully as opposed to 2 hours in 820
4) an not sure about ratio but its good although I would liked the bezel to be lesser
5) yes it has an equalizer for both earphones and speaker as well
6) picture quality is very good .. While zooming you do seem to lose clarity but its not that much noticeable.. Daylight photography is good compared to low light.. I think you can find picture comparison of 640 640xl and 830

MassDeduction

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I was eagerly awaiting the 640 XL. But I bought a Blu WIN HD LTE because there was still no word on a release date for the international variants. I like the Blu handset, but I really miss Glance. Then days after the Blu Win HD LTE arrived, suddenly the 640 XL Dual-SIM LTE showed up on Expansys. I would have preferred the XL, but the Blu Win HD LTE proved to me I could live with a 5" screen better than I thought. I'd still prefer 5.7", and I'd still prefer the better camera of the XL, but if Microsoft can't even offer a date to wait for then how am I to know if I ought to wait? So now I have a 640 LTE DS on its way, despite in a perfect world waiting for the XL. I want the DS variant due to the excellent frequency support and my plan to swap from all-in-one service to an inexpensive talk&text SIM and a flex data SIM. Not to mention the convenience of one device for U.S. roaming (I'm in Canada).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon