05-11-2017 09:49 AM
326 123 ...
tools
    Is your 640 XL having XL problems? Or even the smaller ones, sound off here! Maybe even keep track of what's going on.

Although its worth noting that with any phone, there are bad units. One may not be representative of the entire lineup.
    04-09-2015 06:27 PM
    Just got the 640XL and there's no way to download/move maps on the SD card. The Italian customer care just told me "it's normal". Planning to take it back to the shop.
    Bagsy likes this.
    04-10-2015 07:10 AM
    Just got the 640XL and there's no way to download/move maps on the SD card. The Italian customer care just told me "it's normal". Planning to take it back to the shop.
    Apparently there is controversy all over regarding this issue. At one time there was Lumia Storage Check Beta and that was the method used to get Maps on SD. It is no longer available. rhapdog has a very good explanation on it here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask...ml#post3042696

I'm afraid it is the new normal to not be able to move Maps to SD.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-10-2015 11:07 AM
    Hi.
    I'm from Brazil.
    I have just started using WP with Lumia 640 XL.
    I think that's something wrong with Waze because I just can't accept the terms and make it run.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    04-15-2015 10:26 AM
    Hi, I just got the 640 XL and it bugs me that the weather not working on glance screen.
    I tried this
    I am using 640XL, what I did is
    -Turned on the location services.
    -LockScreen>Background>Weather
    -glance screen(in settings)>always on>Quick Status in turned Off(didn't worked when this is ON)>Night mode OFF
    -Restart the device. Then it started working for me.
    but it didn't work.
    What else could I do?
    Thanks.
    04-15-2015 11:21 AM
    not sure mate. Did you installed any apps that change lock screen background? I didn't installed any

Hi, I just got the 640 XL and it bugs me that the weather not working on glance screen.
    I tried this

but it didn't work.
    What else could I do?
    Thanks.
    04-15-2015 11:46 AM
    ^ I'm not sure, I reset the phone but still not working.
    And the about screen in All settings still rotates even if I turn on rotation lock, does it count a bug?
    Aftab Siddiqui likes this.
    04-15-2015 02:13 PM
    ***************This is not a bug or Issue on lumia 640XL *************

There's been like people saying that (including me), we are unable to login our MS office account in Office 365 mobile app. But this is not an issue.
    Please have a look at pictures below. Why I am posting here is clear lack of understanding, people are worrying so much about login issue. I thought it would be helpful if it's posted here rather than posting as separate thread.
    The picture below looks like this for your subscription given by Microsoft.
    windows-office.png

Today's advertisement about the same in Indian Newspaper
    wp_20150418_002.jpg

The actual error you will see looks similar as in below picture.

wp_ss_20150413_0002.png
    Koen C likes this.
    04-17-2015 09:41 PM
    ***************This is not a bug or Issue on lumia 640XL *************

There's been like people saying that (including me), we are unable to login our MS office account in Office 365 mobile app. But this is not an issue.
    Please have a look at pictures below. Why I am posting here is clear lack of understanding, people are worrying so much about login issue. I thought it would be helpful if it's posted here rather than posting as separate thread.
    The picture below looks like this for your subscription given by Microsoft.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windows office.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	102588

Today's advertisement about the same in Indian Newspaper

Name:	WP_20150418_002.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	102589

The actual error you will see looks similar as in below picture.

Name:	wp_ss_20150413_0002.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	102590
    did u activate the offer from Office 365 Gift app ... that I know u should first activate Microsoft account by this app first then log in the office 365 app
    aahh0566611 likes this.
    04-18-2015 03:31 PM
    Yes, but the issue here is about setup process present inside the app.
    did u activate the offer from Office 365 Gift app ... that I know u should first activate Microsoft account by this app first then log in the office 365 app
    04-25-2015 02:13 AM
    I have a black Lumia 640XL bought it just 4 days back....the battery drains 2 to 4% overnight....is this normal?(I have no background apps running and battery saver is always on)..do i need to perform a factory reset?It takes around 4 hours to charge the battery from 20% to 100%..

P.S I think the 640 XL..has a tendency to oversharpen images...it kind of looks like all the shots you take are in HDR mode...give me some pointers :-)
    Last edited by BladerXrz; 04-25-2015 at 12:33 PM.
    04-25-2015 12:19 PM
    my lumia sometimes just turns off screen randomly for around 4 sec and then it turns on...It doesnt happen a lot but it happens..does anyone know what that could be ?
    04-25-2015 09:01 PM
    I have installed viber app and last night while I was chatting, the screen went black and I couldn't do anything. Neither the turn OFF or volume buttons worked for a minute. I was about to remove battery but the screen came back into life.

Whew out of screaming at mid-night.

2) sometimes the double tap doesn't works and we have to tap till it does.
    3) camera isn't working great when there is not sunlight as the camera app looks dull but gives the same kind of pics. (not sure if it is really an issue or bug but posting it).
    04-26-2015 03:13 AM
    Yea i get your point...the auto mode takes random pictures at night,you have to manually set the shutter speed to 0.8 seconds to get decent low light pictures..or just set the ISO ranging from 200 to 800..it works well...Or if you want a really good snap...set the ISO to 64 and shutter speed from 2 to 4 seconds...its gonna take brilliant pictures..given you have real steady hands...

P.S Bump...need a reply to my post i posted above...concerning the overnight 2 to 3% battery drain with battery saver on..(no background apps running) plus it takes around 4 hours and 20 minutes to charge fully...
    Intense Soul likes this.
    04-27-2015 10:42 AM
    Yes, changing the settings while taking pictures but when you have to take a surprising pics. Then it's hard to take but anyway the pics are really beautiful.

Yes, mine takes around 3hrs or more coz the battery itself is a BEAST. I keep it charging during night times. Coz I neither wake up nor it's get disturbed by me. So I'm giving it rest and when coming to drain, yes it happens. Remember the basic point if you have selected network the device struggles to give the continuous signals to device. Any fluctuations in network can cause this. I face this drain, not just me even noticeable on my brother's 638. I will check my new device tonight. I don't use battery saver, coz it's not really needed on 640XL with 3000 mAh it's use looks silly(not stating over you). I keep my location on, I travel heavily and i get around 12 hrs with H+/H/E networks as it's selected automatically and swaps accordingly. I chat around 4+hours too.
    But the battery used to be sucked very soon when I had BBM installed and did chatting over it. But now I am using just whatsapp.
    BladerXrz likes this.
    04-27-2015 12:26 PM
    Thanks for helping out..but i still think the standby power consumption is pretty high on the 640 XL...and microsoft should fix this issue as soon as possible in the future updates...hopefully someone from microsoft is listening.....I would easily get around 3 days plus on my Lumia 720..on heavy use..plus the standby time was brilliant...it lost no charge overnight....and could almost go on for a week without a charge...yes that is how good the lumia 720 was :-)..I still have high hopes from the 640 XL
    Last edited by BladerXrz; 04-28-2015 at 12:40 AM.
    04-28-2015 12:19 AM
    Is there any touchscreen issues on this phone? Anyone noticed as it is on Lumia 535? I own both 535 nad 1320 and planning to swap 535 with 640xl so need to ensure that there isn't any touchscreen issue with this device.
    04-28-2015 07:48 PM
    nope. click here. have a look at this thread.

Is there any touchscreen issues on this phone? Anyone noticed as it is on Lumia 535? I own both 535 nad 1320 and planning to swap 535 with 640xl so need to ensure that there isn't any touchscreen issue with this device.
    04-28-2015 11:52 PM
    Sadly my 640 XL that arrived this morning is going back to Microsoft :(
    There's a small but noticeable screen defect in the top right hand corner - the dreaded YELLOW TINT OF DEATH (on white backgrounds like Outlook / IE). It's visible on all but black backgrounds so impossible to ignore. MS Tech Support had me soft reset and then wipe the device but conceded it's a hardware fault.
    Now I have to decide whether to wait for the refund cash or buy another one on a new order....patience is the more sensible option but I want a new tech toy NOW.
    04-30-2015 09:02 AM
    I just bought one here in Egypt and I confirm that both cameras performs bad in low light even worse than my 535's!!
    Can you believe that my 535's front camera takes MUCH better pictures than my 640 XL's in low light?!
    I hope Microsoft releases an update fast :/
    Other than that, the phone is awesome and I love it.
    noman anjum likes this.
    05-02-2015 04:25 AM
    Does anyone notice that the animation on this Microsoft device is not as smooth as it is on Nokia devices? Especially when I scroll the live tiles on Start screen with my finger remaining on the screen, it shows some lagging movements.
    I have used the mid-range 625 720 and 730 from Nokia but never experienced such an issue.
    Hope someone can help me out
    05-03-2015 01:46 AM
    Had to get rid of my 640XL...it had severe battery drain for a windows phone(The sole reason for buying this phone was because of its battery life and camera..and I was not impressed)....I just used screen lock and unlock to check normal messages when i was at work...i was shocked that it lost 26 - 27% in 6 hours..and i hardly touched the phone once or maybe twice for 2 to 3 minutes each hour to reply back..The battery saver mode was always on and no back ground tasks running...Iam feeling down that my hard earned money was wasted..within 2 weeks of purchase...My gripe about this phone was that it took around 4 hours+ to charge and if it cannot even last a single day..then whats the use of the phone? luckily I got my 172.6$ back...and this is the last time ill try my luck with a windows phone..

P.S I still will never regret owning the Nokia Lumia 720...it was the king of all the Lumia devices till now..at least for me.
    sleeve22 likes this.
    05-03-2015 02:57 AM
    Had to get rid of my 640XL...it had severe battery drain for a windows phone(The sole reason for buying this phone was because of its battery life and camera..and I was not impressed)....I just used screen lock and unlock to check normal messages when i was at work...i was shocked that it lost 26 - 27% in 6 hours..and i hardly touched the phone once or maybe twice for 2 to 3 minutes each hour to reply back..The battery saver mode was always on and no back ground tasks running...Iam feeling down that my hard earned money was wasted..within 2 weeks of purchase...My gripe about this phone was that it took around 4 hours+ to charge and if it cannot even last a single day..then whats the use of the phone? luckily I got my 172.6$ back...and this is the last time ill try my luck with a windows phone..

P.S I still will never regret owning the Nokia Lumia 720...it was the king of all the Lumia devices till now..at least for me.
    Wow, maybe your phone has some issues regarding the hardware. Have you try hard reset?Have you any friends who have the same phones to compare the battery life with?
    My 640 XL is so good in battery that I'm so in love with it, of course for regular use in 2 days. If I put it on hard pressure, it can last for 1 and a half day.
    For the charging issue, I think Microsoft has made a quite bad idea when supplying the 750mA adapter YET it can give us the so-called reasonable price. I think you can change into the 1.5A adapter from the lumia 1520 or from Sony, which takes you only 2 to 2.5 hours to fully charge the lumia 640 XL.
    PS: I'm using the 1.5A Sony adapter now and everything turns fine now.
    BladerXrz likes this.
    05-03-2015 05:24 AM

About your issues:
    1. My friends' Lumia 640 XL as well as mine never experienced such severe battery drain like yours, we can last 1 and a half days for heavy use and 2 for regular use. Have you tried another lumia 640 XL yet?
    2. For the slow charging adapter, I think that is the cure for the reasonable price of this phone, and I have replaced it with the adapter of Lumia 1520 or from Sony with 1.5A output, which takes me only 2 or 2.5 hours to fully charge the phone.
    Intense Soul and BladerXrz like this.
    05-03-2015 05:48 AM
    I have never experienced such lag. Did you really checked whats causing the background battery drain? There might be some apps that causing this. I travel every week and 640XL serves me very well through out the journey which is a 9hr ride.

About your issues:
    1. My friends' Lumia 640 XL as well as mine never experienced such severe battery drain like yours, we can last 1 and a half days for heavy use and 2 for regular use. Have you tried another lumia 640 XL yet?
    2. For the slow charging adapter, I think that is the cure for the reasonable price of this phone, and I have replaced it with the adapter of Lumia 1520 or from Sony with 1.5A output, which takes me only 2 or 2.5 hours to fully charge the phone.
    05-03-2015 05:52 AM
326 123 ...