How to pin Phonebook to Start in Microsoft Lumia 640 XL?

S_Prashanth

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I want to know if there is any chance of pinning Phonebook to Start just like how we pin an app or a settings option. Every time I need to call someone, I have to first select the "People" tile, then "Phonebook" tile. I wonder if I can skip directly to the Phonebook part.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I want to know if there is any chance of pinning Phonebook to Start just like how we pin an app or a settings option. Every time I need to call someone, I have to first select the "People tile, then "Phonebook" tile. I wonder if I can skip directly to the Phonebook part.

Hmm, not sure what you meant. If you've got the People hub tile pinned to your Start screen, then you can just tap on that tile to bring you to your list of contacts directly. Note, however, that the People tile will open the last swipe-able page you've viewed there, so if you were viewing the what's new section and then left the People hub, the next time you tap on the People tile you will be brought to the what's new section... all you have to do then is to swipe to your contact list.

I'm guessing that what you meant is that when you tap on your Phone tile, you then need to tap on the Phonebook icon before you can choose the contact you want to call.

Welcome to Windows Central, by the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes