Sim card nearly impossible to remove

DumDee2

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
i dont know if i have fat thumbs or not but i cannot remove the micro sim by hand from either slot 1 or 2. Never had this problem before using samsung or lg phones. Anyone else having difficulty, dont wanna have to carry around tweezers jut to pull out the sim card?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Don't want to have to carry around tweezers? How often are you needing to change the SIM? Usually you will only change a SIM when you change carriers, not on a whim.

Personally, I remove SIM cards with a thumb tack. The point is great at grabbing them, and only a very small amount of pressure is needed. You don't want to apply enough pressure to puncture the SIM, but it gets great traction.

I don't, however, carry one with me. Pointy blade of a pocket knife will do the same thing. Those are easier to carry with you, and many people carry them anyway, unless they are going to the airport.

I'm not sure how the 640XL SIM card slots are, but on the 635, you can actually push it back a bit from the opposite end to push it out some before removing. That usually gives you enough room to pinch it between your fingernails to remove.

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
i dont know if i have fat thumbs or not but i cannot remove the micro sim by hand from either slot 1 or 2. Never had this problem before using samsung or lg phones. Anyone else having difficulty, dont wanna have to carry around tweezers jut to pull out the sim card?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I always carry a Swiss Army Knife, so I just grabbed it with the point of the small blade. Works easily then.

<TED>

Felix Wong

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Once you do get the SIM card out, attach a tab (use, for example, a small strip of packaging tape) to it so in the future you can easily pull it out. E.g., like this:
IMG_3804.JPG

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My Swiss Army knife has various blades and files, tweezers, a toothpick, pliers, and a straight pin. I've never had trouble extracting the sim or any other part from a phone.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've never had problems inserting or removing SIMs, but I used to misplace the tools for opening the SIM slot. Since I got a tool with multiple devices, what I did is what the workers at cell phone stores do: I put one of the SIM slot opening tools on my keychain, so I know where one of those tools is at all times.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I've never had problems inserting or removing SIMs, but I used to misplace the tools for opening the SIM slot. Since I got a tool with multiple devices, what I did is what the workers at cell phone stores do: I put one of the SIM slot opening tools on my keychain, so I know where one of those tools is at all times.

That's a good tip. You can also put in in your wallet. Since you'll always have it with you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac