**Thinking of buying the Microsoft Lumia 640XL please give me your experiences with it be it good or

s3iryu

May 26, 2015
Visit site
For those complaining bad low light photos, please learn to use manual settings for low light photography. The photos taken with manual settings are so much more better than taking it in auto mode. There are only two settings, ISO and Shutter Speed.

sip1995

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Do you have it, if yes tell me...is it really big, i mean is it handy enough to carry in the pockets (i'm skateboarder and i'm afraid of its size).

s3iryu

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Do you have it, if yes tell me...is it really big, i mean is it handy enough to carry in the pockets (i'm skateboarder and i'm afraid of its size).

5.7 inch is big but fits fine in my pockets, I am only 168cm tall. If you plan to bring it to skateboarding activities I think you will find to to be too big. I switched to 640 XL from a 4.5 inch Moto G and got used to its size in just a couple of days.

My advice is go to a physical store and see for yourself if it is too big for you.

sip1995

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the LG G2, but the screen is broken now....btw i try my mom's Lumia 1320 and i didn't find it too big, it was fitting well in my pocket. You're right that i should see it at a store first.

RichardTheKing

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
yes this could be an issue during the skateboarding but again difficult to say because the last time I was skateboarding was 40 year ago :) (this was some very good time !!!)
It is definitely not to big to hold in your hand. and some time I am keeping the phone in my front pocket and it is OK for me.
I have just taken the physical measure of the phone with a tape measure, this may be helpful:

Size.jpg

Attachments

• Size.jpg
    Size.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 15

Pradeep John

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
You will find the difference in size only for 2 days. Then you'll be wondering how you have been living with smaller screen size phone all these days.

sip1995

May 16, 2013
Visit site
yes this could be an issue during the skateboarding but again difficult to say because the last time I was skateboarding was 40 year ago :) (this was some very good time !!!)
It is definitely not to big to hold in your hand. and some time I am keeping the phone in my front pocket and it is OK for me.
I have just taken the physical measure of the phone with a tape measure, this may be helpful:

View attachment 109144

Thanks for the photos....i just count the size of the previews LG G2 (with case on it) and it was 14,3 x 7,5....so it looks that it's not really matter of the size...

Pradeep John

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking at replacing my 920 with the 640XL but I'm just worried about how much bigger it is in size. Did those of you who came from a smaller phone take long to get used to it, and did any of you think it was just that bit too big?

You will find the difference in size only for 2 days. Then you'll be wondering how you have been living with smaller screen size phone all these days.

BT789

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
My experience with the Lumia 640XL has been excellent and looking to be better with Windows 10 coming very soon. The battery life is very good. This is my first Windows phone as I switched from Android. I am pleased with my choice as far as the Windows OS goes (more than pleased). The phone itself is mid-range as you know but I have heard it said that it is a high-end phone. Either way, I love it. The specifications are right where I want them. I could only see myself upgrading to higher end Lumias in the future. I hope this helps you.

jege41

May 19, 2012
Visit site
The 640 XL is almost as good as a 1520, and in some respects I prefer it over my 1520.
It's easier to handle as it is lighter and not as slippery, squared edges.
The data speeds on LTE are faster than my 1520 using OOKLA Speed test in identical locations. My Max download speed with my 1520 to date is 38.88Mbps and with my 640 XL it is 41.93 on Rogers.
Dual SIM and removable battery is a big plus for me.
It definitely isn't as fast as a 1520 and the display isn't as nice either but for the same price as a beat up used 1520 it's a incredible bargain.
Buy one you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 640 XL is almost as good as a 1520, and in some respects I prefer it over my 1520.
It's easier to handle as it is lighter and not as glossy.
The data speeds on LTE are faster than 1520
Dual SIM and removable battery is a big plus for me.
It definitely isn't as fast as a 1520 and the display isn't as nice either but for the same price as a beat up used 1520 it's a incredible bargain.
Buy one you won't be disappointed.

1520 has a faster modem than the 640XL. Band coverage depends on your models.
Isn't there only one glossy 1520? (Red)

Dual-SIM is nice.

I got my 1520 refurbished for $220. Not a single scratch or flaw except for the slightly chewed SIM port. ($220 with tax and shipping)

RichardTheKing

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
1520 has a faster modem than the 640XL. Band coverage depends on your models.
Isn't there only one glossy 1520? (Red)

Dual-SIM is nice.

I got my 1520 refurbished for $220. Not a single scratch or flaw except for the slightly chewed SIM port. ($220 with tax and shipping)

I owned the 1520 and the size of the phone was a little bit to big not ideal to confortably hold and use in my hand (certainly due also to the weight and the style of the phone).
It had also a 4G/LTE connection nevertheless I had issue with the reception of the phone network (no issue at all with my 1320 before) with the 640 XL the issue has been resolve. I am not sure if there any difference between the two on the LTE speed, I think this may depend of the network provider and the strength of the signal.
The Dual Sim, what a plus !!!, I don't need anymore to take with me two phone.
My 1520 was black mat.
The touch screen is good and again the issue with the 1520 has been resolve (ghost touch).
I prefer the 640 XL to my 1520 for these reason. the phone remind me a lot the 1320: Good phone (Ok not the top of the range but good), not expensive, happy with all the basic function, so *** no stress and no pressure *** :cool:

RichardTheKing

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes, on the contact page for one contact you have got 4 tabs:
Profiles, Connect, What's new and history.
In the connect tab if you press "add apps" this give you the option the add to Facebook, Skype, Twitteretc.... (depending of the social apps you have installed on your lumia
When I press Facebook I have the following message: "Link Facebook contact?" Link or cancel

JeeWeetje

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
pathetic camera performance didnt got what i ve seen on the internet..i dont know it is software issue or hardware if someone has resolution then it is grace for me

Replace your default camera app with the Lumia Camera BB?ta app. Set the focus light to auto and try of turning off living image improve the snaps taken.

Also give it some time to auto focus (of not using manual). Breath out when taking a shot (stablizes body movement to a minimum while being stationary).

Snap more than one shot iof the situation allows You to do so. And finally, be patient: Practice makes perfect. :)

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
So after thinking for weeks, I have now ordered my 640xl, will get it by tomorrow. (Sold off my iPhone 6 plus) . Will let u guys know my thoughts once I get it ....:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes