**Thinking of buying the Microsoft Lumia 640XL please give me your experiences with it be it good or

apotato

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
For anyone who wants a Lumia 640 XL the phone has a 5.7 inch screen at about 294 ppi so the screen is not extremely amazing or anything but its okay. With a 1.2 GHz snapdragon 400 processor, its not incredibly fast but it will get the job done. The camera is decent, overall a big phone with average specs, its a pretty good phone and I would buy it.

phuqit

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I really like my big orange phone. With windows updates and exchangeable covers, I never feel bored with it. Screen is big and easy to read, even in sunlight. Music, maps and books go on my sd card, so I'm never hurting for storage. The OS is stable (running windows 10 AU), it just works ya know? I wear cargo jeans, so the large size doesn't bother me, for some the size might be too much. As a phone, e-reader, music player, GPS, and PDA it works really well (Cortana rocks). It's not a super phone, but it can be found new for less than $150 these days and it's been dependable and capable of doing the things I want from a smartphone. Edit: I'm impressed with the camera quality also.

ce_tx

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine for about...3 months now? Had to change the battery cover recently due to a nasty drop, but the screen survived intact. The speaker was a little crackly after the drop, but has since straightened out. This phone is a trooper!

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I had my first 640 XL (LTE) for almost a year, and then I sold it back in early spring (if I recall) when money was short. I am currently looking out for another, having tried the astonishingly awful 650 - the 640 XL is a tank, and really takes a lot of beating as regards size, screen quality, battery longevity, camera quality... on and on. I have the "new" Moto G4, which is extremely fast and the camera is just "OK", but the Lumia 640 XL is lined up and in my sights again. The Zeiss lens on the camera is wonderful, as a photographer.

So yes, in summary, very much worth buying!

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I had my first 640 XL (LTE) for almost a year, and then I sold it back in early spring (if I recall) when money was short. I am currently looking out for another, having tried the astonishingly awful 650 - the 640 XL is a tank, and really takes a lot of beating as regards size, screen quality, battery longevity, camera quality... on and on. I have the "new" Moto G4, which is extremely fast and the camera is just "OK", but the Lumia 640 XL is lined up and in my sights again. The Zeiss lens on the camera is wonderful, as a photographer.

So yes, in summary, very much worth buying!

Great to hear a professional photographer bugging up the camera its great with all the updates to WP10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb