Having multiple issues with my phone, can I get some help?

Rehan Zaffar

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Having multiple issues with my phone

Hi guys! i have a lumia 640XL phone.i need an urgent help as this issue is too much frustrating me. well these days i'm facing many issues in my phone. the first thing is that when ever i switch on my phone, it first of all say's that there is a problem with your SD card. do scan it and transfer your files to the cloud storage, whereas except pictures, no other file get's saved into the cloud storage, secondly about the weather, The weather doesn't shows the current temperature and time in it. it just tell's the past timing weather. which i have tried many times to refresh it but no fruitful result! third thing is that there is a couple of times when my WiFi in the phone get's disappeared and all the other wifi connections around it are available. i then again have to reboot my phone to get my WiFi back. and the last but not least, a couple of times it has been with me that whenever i'm trying to get out of my whatsapp application, it say's that there is a problem in your whatsapp. you won't be able to get the notifications until u reboot it or there may be other problems in case you might rather need to re install it. so these are things that get me frustrated always... other than that my phone is working good. no other issues except the mentioned above. will be waiting for the urgent reply thanks!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Having multiple issues with my phone

Try and perform a soft-reset, if that doesn't help, I suggest you try a hard reset.

Rehan Zaffar

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

how do i do this soft reset and hard reset? what's the procedure for it? kindly explain here please.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

how do i do this soft reset and hard reset? what's the procedure for it? kindly explain here please.

Soft Reset:

Press and hold Volume down and the power button at the same time until the device vibrates. Then release. Might take a couple of seconds until it vibrates.

Hard Reset:

Either jump into settings and go to "about".. Somewhere down there is "factory reset". You can use that.
Another way to perform a hard reset is by shutting down your phone completely (turn it off), then press and hold volume down while connecting your device to a charger. Now release the button and your device should show a huge exclamation mark on the display. Now press volume up, volume down, power, volume down to initiate the hard reset.

Rehan Zaffar

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

alright it isn't working in the soft reset.so i have to turn toward's the hard reset. but what about my personal data pics videos files n the apps that i have yet downloaded? how do i keep them safe?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Your photos and videos taken with your device should've synced to OneDrive. If you wanna play it save, connect it to a computer and copy everything you need over. Regarding apps.. You can perform a backup from within the settings. Upon setting up the device after the hard reset you'll be able to restore from said backup which will then redownload all the apps you had installed and should retain all your previous settings. Or at least most of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon