Wrong region on 640 XL

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Just bought my wife a 640 Xl from the MS store. I do NOT have a sim card in it yet but thought I'd set it up anyway. Cortana will not work, she said I was in wrong region. I am set to US but the phone will say United States -English (Canada). It for some reason has Canada in parenthesis after United States. Anyone know what is going on?

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Just bought my wife a 640 Xl from the MS store. I do NOT have a sim card in it yet but thought I'd set it up anyway. Cortana will not work, she said I was in wrong region. I am set to US but the phone will say United States -English (Canada). It for some reason has Canada in parenthesis after United States. Anyone know what is going on?

Although region and language was set to U.S. I found another setting that had the phone language set to "English-Canada" I moved "English-US" up and restarted the phone...everything is as it should be now. I connected her to Straight Talk, used the settings I found on here and the phone works great. I may skip the 950 for me and get me a 640 XL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2