Why am I not getting any speaker audio from my Lumia 640?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why am I not getting any speaker audio from my lumia 640

I bought a lumia 640 LTE yesterday now I can't get any audio from the speaker I.e the phone can only vibrates when there's an incoming call and no audio when I stream videos or play music.when I connect headsets I when I get the audio

itsnavsub

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the same exact issue today. Apparently it is not a software issue but I am afraid it could be a hardware issue. The quick workaround is play some song/video (with audio) using any app (xbox Music, etc) and then using your fingers press by applying little pressure near the speaker area (the small hole) on the back cover. Please do NOT try this workaround without the backcover (i.e.) or directly on the speaker which is below/near the battery. This may fix the problem since it helped me.

If you still have the problem then your best option is to contact Microsoft support for warranty repairs - Microsoft Lumia 640 - Warranty and repair - Microsoft - USA

Good luck

wxcory

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Is the phone on?
But no really I'd take the approach above and see if you can get it repaired. Haven't heard many issues with broken speakers with this phone so my guess is you got a bad apple unfortunately. :/

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why am I not getting any speaker audio from my lumia 640

Switching off then turning it on may work, NL625 & NL630 do that when you insert headphones then take them out...

TimboNJ

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I had the same exact issue today. Apparently it is not a software issue but I am afraid it could be a hardware issue. The quick workaround is play some song/video (with audio) using any app (xbox Music, etc) and then using your fingers press by applying little pressure near the speaker area (the small hole) on the back cover. Please do NOT try this workaround without the backcover (i.e.) or directly on the speaker which is below/near the battery. This may fix the problem since it helped me.

If you still have the problem then your best option is to contact Microsoft support for warranty repairs - Microsoft Lumia 640 - Warranty and repair - Microsoft - USA

Good luck

Microsoft mobile told me to try the "Software Recovery Tool" which I did and that didn't work. I think you're right. It's a hardware problem. I'm sending mine in to get fixed.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I guess this is somethin like the Asha 300 touch screen issue were you screen becomes totally unresponsive and you have to press the upper right corner in order to get it work. So it's nothing new for those phones I guess.

tomm2000

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site

Pressing the corner brought the sound back to my Lumia 640 (T-Mo USA). Thank you!

Glad it worked for you but I doubt its a hardware issue for most with this problem.
My partner had a 535 which had the same sound issue. It came every few weeks and could be solved by restarting the phone.
We upgraded to a 640 and I hoped the problem wouldn't surface on this phone but 2 days into using the 640 we have the same issue.
Googling the problem I can see the sound problem has affected numerous windows phones for a couple of years. They can't all have faulty speakers surely?
Has anyone found a solution yet?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
did you try blowing out the headphone jack? I haven't heard of it too much on lumias, but some other makers get stuck in "headphones" mode if there is lint in the headphone jack (from pocket carry, etc).

also - that speaker is lower right if you're looking at the back. Maybe try taking the back off, and pressing in that area to make sure it's contacting the motherboard.

xxSimraNxx

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site

Good luck
This solution WORKED for me(Lumia 535).
But I had to press very hard.

Andy Morris62

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site
did you try blowing out the headphone jack? I haven't heard of it too much on lumias, but some other makers get stuck in "headphones" mode if there is lint in the headphone jack (from pocket carry, etc).

also - that speaker is lower right if you're looking at the back. Maybe try taking the back off, and pressing in that area to make sure it's contacting the motherboard.

Blow me down with a feather - That worked

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3