Netflix on Lumia 640

ciccio35

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, lately I've been thinking of upgrading from my Lumia 620 to a Lumia 640. At the moment I'm subscribed to a local streaming service that wants to be a competitor to Netflix in Italy (it's called Infinitytv) but I have buffering issues: even if my internet connection is good (over 20Mbit/s), every 5 minutes I have to pause the streaming for 30/45 seconds to stop the video from stuttering. Since Netflix is finally coming in Italy by the end of October, and when it comes I'm definitely switching to it, I was wondering how the WP app works, if it's fine or if it is a nightmare like this Infinitytv app

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have heard other posters say that it works well with Denim, which the 640 is already loaded with. I haven't tested it for myself though.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Works just fine on my 640; but then it works just fine on my wife's 925 and my Moto G lte, and on my Kindle Fire 7"HD, Samsung Tab S 8.4" and all three of my desktops. In fact I many times start a movie on one switch to the same movie at the same spot on another and then to a third to finish the movie. Netflix is as good as it gets.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Works just fine on my 640; but then it works just fine on my wife's 925 and my Moto G lte, and on my Kindle Fire 7"HD, Samsung Tab S 8.4" and all three of my desktops. In fact I many times start a movie on one switch to the same movie at the same spot on another and then to a third to finish the movie. Netflix is as good as it gets.

I agree, Netflix sets the bar... I cancelled Hulu and have not used amazon prime much at all for television... But amazon is another company that i dealt enjoy using...

Oh yeah... Works on my 640 and all other devices... Netflix is a company that gets it... Just support everything ans people will use it...

james42519

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
i hate you can't use it as a remote on ps3 and stuff.be nice if they added that feature. they could do dlna/chromecast if they wanted too. wish google would get themselves and do stuff for windows phone.

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Used to work for me and now the app won't even let me sign into my account. There's no reason for it to just stop working all of a sudden. I doubt it gets fixed with window 10 soon to be released on mobile.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Used to work for me and now the app won't even let me sign into my account. There's no reason for it to just stop working all of a sudden. I doubt it gets fixed with window 10 soon to be released on mobile.

Mine dies last week... Randomly died. I could not sign in, but a message popped up stating to try again ans that Netflix was aware of the problem... I fixed t buy uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac