Microsoft Lumia 640 mobile, linked to Outllook and GMX

anon(10073293)

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
My Lumia 640 uses a GMX mail account, I also have an Outlook account.
After doing a recent reset and getting the phone back up and running again to my liking I have managed to link the two email accounts and I now get two lots of emails.
I would like to unlink the Outllok acc so I just have my GMX acc, browsing the net seems confusing as nothing refers to unlink it refers to delete.
If I go into email accounts and delete my Outlook account is says it will be deleted from this device, does this this mean just from this device and my Microsoft account will stay intact on my PC etc.
Any help will be appreciated.
Many thanks, Peter

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
My Lumia 640 uses a GMX mail account, I also have an Outlook account.
After doing a recent reset and getting the phone back up and running again to my liking I have managed to link the two email accounts and I now get two lots of emails.
I would like to unlink the Outllok acc so I just have my GMX acc, browsing the net seems confusing as nothing refers to unlink it refers to delete.
If I go into email accounts and delete my Outlook account is says it will be deleted from this device, does this this mean just from this device and my Microsoft account will stay intact on my PC etc.
Any help will be appreciated.
Many thanks, Peter

It should be unaffected on your PC, and intact online/in the cloud as your source account at login.live.com. And because the source keeps on working, you should be able to reinstall it on the 640, although we can't be sure about how long you'd be able to do this.

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I have this exact configuration on this exact device as of yesterday; I needed to link my Outlook account to bring my contacts onto the device. It won't sync GMX contacts as best as I can tell so that's something you might want to consider. Also consider deactivating the linked inbox so you can just look at your GMX mail in isolation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs