Walmart sells the AT&T Gophone for a low price!

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
re: Walmart sells the AT&T Gophone for a low price!

Interesting that according to the URL at Walmart.com, it is a "disturbed" smartphone.

Remove the SIM card from the phone before ever powering it up the first time.

Unlock procedure: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fwww.att.com%2Fdeviceunlock%2F&token=A42iUB6d
- You are *NOT* an AT&T customer.
- Put in IMEI, name and email.
- Click the link in the confirmation email.
- Wait a couple of days.

Flashing to T-Mobile or other variant: http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-640/407362-de-brand-your-t-lumia-640-lte.html

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Interesting that according to the URL at Walmart.com, it is a "disturbed" smartphone.

Remove the SIM card from the phone before ever powering it up the first time.

Unlock procedure: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fwww.att.com%2Fdeviceunlock%2F&token=4JeKKnsJ
- You are *NOT* an AT&T customer.
- Put in IMEI, name and email.
- Click the link in the confirmation email.
- Wait a couple of days.

Flashing to T-Mobile or other variant: http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-640/407362-de-brand-your-t-lumia-640-lte.html
haha never noticed that before. I guess with all the recent news about Windows Phones, perhaps it's having an existential crisis?

papasurf

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Well my wife thinks I am disturbed since I should end up with three of the exact same phones plus two other working phones LOL :) I told her now I have enough phones. Then she gave me that smile that said " yea right ".

I kept seeing the"disturbed" part too and had a good chuckle over it.

Thank you for adding the unlocking procedure:)

Last edited:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
🙁 doesn't seem to be on sale for under $30 at best buy anymore. Been wanting to get one on the cheap for my PIP-Boy.

ea3dfx

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

�� doesn't seem to be on sale for under $30 at best buy anymore. Been wanting to get one on the cheap for my PIP-Boy.

Available at $32.31 for store pick-up on WalMart.com now. OOS for shipping.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

I was able to get two of them here. Funny thing the, way I got two was I purchased one at the $47.99 price and then found that the price was reduced to $29.88 the day I picked mine up. I ordered another one for pickup in case I couldn't get a price adjustment on the one I had as I had already opened it.
There could be a thread just on the nightmare that is the plastic packaging!:angry: Then I found this on the Wal-Mart web site:

"If an item previously purchased from Walmart.com (not including items from a third-party seller on our site) is now listed at a lower price, and the item is within its eligible return window, contact Walmart.com Customer Care at 1.800.966.6546 to receive an adjustment for the price difference."

So I think the return window on electronics is 90 days, in case any of you bought one at the higher price within the last 90 days!

Return period is only 30 days according to my order details. I bought one 50 days ago for the "lofty" price of $59.99 haha. Still a great phone for the normal price. My local store is showing them available at the new price of $32.31.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Showing available here as well for $32.31, though they had all sold out on Saturday at $29.88. I don't believe for one second they really sold out the first time, when they are available again the next day at a higher price ($47.99). Of course, $32.31 is nice, too. Don't expect it to last long. It will be gone quickly and may not return again.

Glad I got mine on Saturday.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I just picked one up at a local Walmart and sent my unlock request already. This will be for a relative who originally wanted the T-Mobile version like mine but of course that was when they were suddenly discontinued!

molimelight

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

Return period is only 30 days according to my order details. I bought one 50 days ago for the "lofty" price of $59.99 haha. Still a great phone for the normal price. My local store is showing them available at the new price of $32.31.

Sorry about the misinformation. Oh well, like you said, even at $60.00 it's still a steal, considering I paid $75.00 for my 520. Today I was able to get the customer rep to give me the extra $2.43 in adjustment as they were only going to give me an adjustment to the new $32.31 price. I was able to point her to the purchase of the $29.88 one I bought. It's like the stock market out there on this phone. I gave her props in the customer satisfaction survey though! :smile:

molimelight

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

I wonder why this is the norm in the world

A country like the US with average incomes above 30000USD have the 640 priced at 30-40USD while in countries like India where average incomes are maybe 1500USD the same 640 is priced 100USD or higher

Do US companies give subsidies for their devices?

Just an educated guess, but it is probably that the US, whose government doesn't care about negative trade imbalances, has a low to non-existent tariff on these, whereas India, whose economy probably keeps afloat by having a positive imbalance, has fairly high tariffs. Many people do not realize how their lives would be impacted if the US actually took some action to correct the negative trade flow in the US, and keep more jobs here. Not to say that a higher cost of living and a lower deficit would be a bad trade off, just that like most things concerning our economy, the cost would weigh heavier on the lower income brackets.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Just got one a minute ago at the link provided here and it was $34 after tax. So they are still around some places.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

Blimey. That equates to ?22.40 UK!! Over here the 640 is still around double a recent 550 offer! The fab 640xl ( amazing device. Perfect size and runs TP .71 without breaking sweat ), still commands ?160 which equates to $230. And it's an "older" device!!

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

I'm temptd very highly to buy one but I have no use for this at all I have a 950XL 822 & 929. But I can't believe my eyes I just want to get one because of the amazing deal! Is that stupid?

Someone please give me any reason anything at all why I should buy this phone and ill get it now! Lol

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

This version looks very classy with it's black cover compared to my T-Mobile versions with its white cover. Then again I have mine covered in a black case so its a moot point anyway lol

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

Never mind now all of a sudden it is completely sold out at all of my local stores. 10 minutes ago it said available at Hamden and New Haven but sold out in Wallingford, now it says sold out at all 3. Maybe that listing 10 minutes ago was old and it just wasnt updated. I cant see how two local stores would both sell out at the same in 10 minutes at 11 oclock at night.

molimelight

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

If you have a Best Buy in town I believe they have a price match guarantee. Print off the Wally World ad and take in there and buy one at that price. There, now you have to buy one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon