To Buy or not to buy?

NalleBukowski

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I'm on a brink here with my decision making. I have a good deal in my hands. 640 LTE for 80?. I've been battling with this whole day. Only con I can see is that my economical situation is not the best possible. 80? ins't that much but in my case every cent counts. At the moment I'm using L1020 and it works fine. I just have this burning urge inside me for the new phone. So, what I should do? 🤔

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Pull the trigger, and then pray to the gods that be that you dont starve the month. Because the 640 really is an excellent device. After all, what is a life lived without some starving, for love. ;)

-- W

NalleBukowski

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Words of wisdom! :amaze: I think this is one of the hardest decisions I've ever been pondering. I think I could get good phone for a next year or two with 640.

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I've bought five 640s - one for myself and the rest for family members. We all love them. Great devices - and very economical, too.

Jonah Travisano

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Yea... For the price the 640 is a really good buy. If you don't need the best and don't want to spend much money , but want a good phone... You won't be disappointed.

​920&640

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm all with your decision. A year or two of peace of mind and a good healthy life for all time to come, or a month of agony about whether you'll make it to the 30th or not. ;)

Think of it this way, if making this decision is harder than deciding marriage, and career choices, you definitely need that phone! :D ;)

-- W

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I'm on a brink here with my decision making. I have a good deal in my hands. 640 LTE for 80€. I've been battling with this whole day. Only con I can see is that my economical situation is not the best possible. 80€ ins't that much but in my case every cent counts. At the moment I'm using L1020 and it works fine. I just have this burning urge inside me for the new phone. So, what I should do? ��

at that price it a good offer, better than anywhere else I've seen. However ask yourself this, you have a working 1020 (like me) and would buying a new phone assist you in any way that the 1020 does not? Will you be planning to keep both phones or sell the 1020 after getting the 640? My advice would be to reconsider and save the money for later. The only advantage I see with getting the 640 is the fact that fitness apps work better because of sensorcore which the 1020 does not have. Other specs are nearly the same except for camera of course

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I'm on a brink here with my decision making. I have a good deal in my hands. 640 LTE for 80€. I've been battling with this whole day. Only con I can see is that my economical situation is not the best possible. 80€ ins't that much but in my case every cent counts. At the moment I'm using L1020 and it works fine. I just have this burning urge inside me for the new phone. So, what I should do? 樂

You could always check for used phones on Swappa or Ebay, Normally you can save 25-50% on the cost of a new one. Just do your homework to make sure you can get a minty used one and that it will work on your network.

Used phones are the best bang for the buck, I prefer hgh end phones but, a new model is still $400-600, normally those models in almost mint shape can be found for $200-350...

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I think it's great buy considering the Lumia 1020 has been left out of the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade.
The 640 is the way to go if you want official Windows 10 Mobile.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
What the Lochness said, the primary reason I see for going to the Lumia 640 is to try out WM10 in a more native/optimized environment. And if that is what our OP wants, then by all means he should go for it and pull the trigger. If not, then maybe we have some thinking here in order to do. :)

-- W

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If every penny counts and you have a working phone, enjoy that and spend your money wisely.

You will likely be able to get a 640 for a cheaper price elsewhere (ebay etc). It is a good phone for the money though.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I totally agree with chintan on this one. I was willing to buy a lot more that 640 so much so that I picked up a 950xl and put it back after playing with it for a bit. Save that money in the bank or somewhere and add to it use your 1020 till it cant take it anymore sell that one too and add to buy the surface or intel phones which will be put together with win 10 in mind. including the 950s all the Lumias so far, if I am not wrong were Nokia phones were in development before MS decided to take the plunge and ruin Nokia and the ones here on in are designed by MS on its own.
Cheers

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
try out WM10 in a more native/optimized environment. And if that is what our OP wants, then by all means he should go for it and pull the trigger.
Like I was going to pull the trigger when one of my cousins who used to work for major phone companies including Nokia advised me against wasting money on the 950xl. I still use 1020 and will have it till the day 1020 becomes unusable. My phone before 1020 was 808 and still have it. Now that it is all obsolete I still use it without SIM and right now trying to work out how to fix it up with a custom firmware. If nothing else works I can always bring it back to the original Symbian belle OS. Not that difficult. Dying to pimp it out with it I just have t source a "compatible" USB cable for it. :D Sorry for Hijacking but back to the point in my previous post.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I'm on a brink here with my decision making. I have a good deal in my hands. 640 LTE for 80€. I've been battling with this whole day. Only con I can see is that my economical situation is not the best possible. 80€ ins't that much but in my case every cent counts. At the moment I'm using L1020 and it works fine. I just have this burning urge inside me for the new phone. So, what I should do? ��

If this helps read the post from Libra89 In this Link
In fact read the post from start Will help you decide a lot more informed.

NalleBukowski

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
So I bought that L640. I ended up paying only 50e for this. I really like the phone, but now after latest Insider build it's almost useless. So many apps are not working and problems with store. But I can always roll this back to previous version. Great phone, I'm glad I bought this. I got new job so when Alcatel Pixi 4 comes out then I'm probably going to buy that. :excited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So I bought that L640. I ended up paying only 50e for this. I really like the phone, but now after latest Insider build it's almost useless. So many apps are not working and problems with store. But I can always roll this back to previous version. Great phone, I'm glad I bought this. I got new job so when Alcatel Pixi 4 comes out then I'm probably going to buy that. :excited:

I'm sorry that it ended up that way. Insider builds aren't always stable, so just remember that in the future.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Stick to the official release for now, 10586 branch. You can install insider and keep it on release ring

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes