Notification Volume Low

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys - I've had my 650 about 10 days now (replaced a 1020) and so far I'm really happy with it. However just wondering if anyone else is having problems with notification volume - texts, email, alarms etc. are very quiet even with the volume slider up quite high.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
There's really three different volume settings that most people will have on their phones.

1. Ringer + Notifications. This ranges on a 0 to 10 scale and is probably the one you need to adjust for most notifications.
2. Media + Apps. This ranges on a 0 to 30 scale and is usually the one you'd adjust for music/video playback when using the built in speaker(s) or headphones.
3. Bluetooth. This also ranges on a 0 to 30 scale, and is only accessible if you are paired to a Bluetooth device.

On my 640 (Redstone build 14322) I have an issue with the volume of my alarms being at the lowest level. All other sounds and notifications seem to play at the correct level. This wasn't an issue when I was running on the 10586 Threshold builds.

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I'd agree on this on, overall the volume of the system is really low and more Soft'ish. The speaker volume is like half of my old 720. Also in ear volume sounds low. Equalizer tweak doesn't help much, and the missing Volume normalization and Dolby sorround adds to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon