10-04-2015 09:30 AM
55 123
tools
    how the comparison in battery live looks like? Which one has a best battery?
    09-26-2015 08:59 AM
    I have been playing around with the Note 5 a lot. It's pretty awesome. I want a built in pen, not just the ability to use a pen. How could they not have gotten that done with the XL after not having a flagship phone for 2 years?
    09-26-2015 05:22 PM
    no one is going to pay $375 outright for a phone with no apps worth having.
    This phone needs to be given away with every xbox or surface purchase. and full retail needs to be $129 (950) and $169(XL) (its a cheap plastic phone, not metal like flagship ios/android phones)
    (cheaper than a $199 insurance claim)
    The need to put them in gum ball machines at this point, or just show up in every single mailbox in north america like a Tide coupon, if they hope to be a 3rd OS 2 years from now.
    Until you get people to USE the phones, the apps will NEVER come. if the apps never come, no one will ever use the phones. (aside from the 1% marketshare they have now)
    09-26-2015 09:54 PM
    no one is going to pay $375 outright for a phone with no apps worth having.
    This phone needs to be given away with every xbox or surface purchase. and full retail needs to be $129 (950) and $169(XL) (its a cheap plastic phone, not metal like flagship ios/android phones)
    (cheaper than a $199 insurance claim)
    The need to put them in gum ball machines at this point, or just show up in every single mailbox in north america like a Tide coupon, if they hope to be a 3rd OS 2 years from now.
    Until you get people to USE the phones, the apps will NEVER come. if the apps never come, no one will ever use the phones. (aside from the 1% marketshare they have now)
    I'm sorry but it needs to be less than that. The phones should be available in stores for $1 contract free.
    09-26-2015 10:25 PM
    Seriously have to wonder why any of you posters are hanging out in a windows forums when all you do is trash the platform and offer no constructive comments. Windows central Mods have really dropped the ball get it together guys.
    Big Papa Smurf likes this.
    09-27-2015 08:12 AM
    Post after post i see nothing but a bright minds of today, you're all philosophers and the smartest world has ever seen. You can even tell the way how big corporations should sell and advertise their products, and even recommend the price. Boy you're smart.
    09-27-2015 08:44 AM
    Seriously have to wonder why any of you posters are hanging out in a windows forums when all you do is trash the platform and offer no constructive comments. Windows central Mods have really dropped the ball get it together guys.
    Oh dude forget about it.....even they feel the same way....
    09-27-2015 08:48 AM
    Apparently, at least, the 950XL will be price same as iPhone 6S. Documents leaked about Europe pricing and it shows the same pricing as the iPhone 6S.
    The 950 will come in at 659 Euro and the 950XL at 749 Euro. The article also mentions that each phone will come with up to 200 Euro worth of accessories in the form of an external Bluetooth speaker with NFC, a miracast dongle, a Continuum dock, and NFC tags.
    Also, it will only come in black and white colors, but this was rumored already.

Can't post links yet so just fill in the dots where you see underscores, also links in Spanish so use Google translate.

Link about pricing in Spain: www_poderpda_com/plataformas/windows-phone/filtran-precios-del-lumia-950-y-lumia-950-xl-en-espana/
    Link about accessories: www_poderpda_com/plataformas/windows-phone/microsoft-lumia-950xl-precio-iphone-6s/
    09-27-2015 10:59 AM
    You have very good points . Mobile is going to be every thing . MSFT is making the same mistake Yahoo made several years ago and now is left behind . Every body is looking for an ecosystem and that is why Apple moved up so fast . MSFT buying Nokia was the right move provided they worked on it hard and established the 2nd best ecosystem just to keep Windows alive .

As it stands now Windows followers are dropping because of lack of ecosystem . Samsung started suffering because of the same . Consumers go where simplicity and excellence is and that is Apple . Mac sales are constantly going up where Windows PC are going down.

MSFT should not have abandoned phones and took a loss of $6 Billions but that is MSFT and that is why after 20 years stock is $41 and not going anywhere . Sad story
    09-27-2015 11:11 AM
    I'm sorry but it needs to be less than that. The phones should be available in stores for $1 contract free.
    You're still wrong. Microsoft should send $100 to every man, woman, and child in the U.S. with a note apologizing for any grief that the recipient has had to endure due to Microsoft letting down some Windows Central commenters. Sure, it's $33 billion, but they've got it and they're not using it to do the things that we want so they have no right to keep it.
    a5cent likes this.
    09-27-2015 11:56 AM
    Could the leaked prices hold? I mean the phone is not metal and glass like other phones, so why so expensive? I see the Windows Hello enabled camera, but does that justify it? Could this be a case of, even if it's not up to par to other flagships let's price it as if it were?

Also, if the price is the true price, iPhone comparable, then I guess we will not see a Surface phone.
    09-27-2015 03:50 PM
    Post after post i see nothing but a bright minds of today, you're all philosophers and the smartest world has ever seen. You can even tell the way how big corporations should sell and advertise their products, and even recommend the price. Boy you're smart.
    Although I didn't mark it as such, my post was meant to be taken with a truckload of salt. Obviously because I forget to put something like /s afterwards though it gets taken seriously.
    a5cent likes this.
    09-27-2015 04:32 PM
    I will be getting a 950 xl and the wife will be getting the 950. I am however picking up an android phone so I have the apps I need. I hope the dev's jump onboard with project Astoria so we can get all the good android apps.
    Frank Kajtazi likes this.
    09-27-2015 04:36 PM
    I will be getting a 950 xl and the wife will be getting the 950. I am however picking up an android phone so I have the apps I need. I hope the dev's jump onboard with project Astoria so we can get all the good android apps.
    Aye I'm hoping that too. I'm considering the 950 but aren't certain yet. May wait for the rumoured Surface Phone. If it ends up with an Intel processor in the surface phone that would be brilliant. Haven't decided yet though what I'm going to do.
    09-27-2015 04:48 PM
    Who's gonna be king of the Phablet's this Christmas?

Lumia 950 XL, iPhone 6s Plus, Note 5, Nexus 6P are the top runner's?

The Lumia 950 XL and Nexus 6P are virtually the same hardware but different OS (Win10 Mobile vs Android 6) where the iPhone 6s Plus and Note 5 are different SOC but using the same 14nm FinFET technology used to make the A9 & 7420.

This going to be my first Phablet "950 XL" and going to be awesome right Microsoft!
    09-27-2015 07:18 PM
    This is easy, the iPhone will be the best selling device ever produced by man! Apple said so. and no doubt the lemmings will jump through hoops, starbucks' and thrift stores to clamber up to get one.
    09-28-2015 09:43 AM
    For anyone who thinks this is going to be a sub 350 price you're living in a dream world. It'd be sub 350 under a 2 year subsidized plan. These phones have too many premium features to be considered that. The high res screen/ iris scanner aren't cheap things to put into a phone.
    travisel and Frank Kajtazi like this.
    09-28-2015 11:57 AM
    This is easy, the iPhone will be the best selling device ever produced by man! Apple said so. and no doubt the lemmings will jump through hoops, starbucks' and thrift stores to clamber up to get one.
    Yeah iZombies lol
    09-28-2015 01:29 PM
    Just wondering.........without being a smart-a$$........

For those that are basing its $value on the casing being metal or plastic, the implication is that it could be worth Apple Flagship dollars IF it was also Apple Flagship metal.
    If so, then how much less is it REALLY worth for not being metal? Or put another way, how much less does it REALLY cost to manufacture the 950XL out of polycarbonate vs Aluminum? (for example)

I can only guess. I have no expertise. But it just can't be but a few bucks. A $600 Apple phone couldn't cost that much less to produce if they used a different material.

I think this is all based on perception and personal taste. (The huge value equation that is constantly brought up based on the shell material)
    09-28-2015 04:18 PM
    Just wondering.........without being a smart-a$$........

For those that are basing its $value on the casing being metal or plastic, the implication is that it could be worth Apple Flagship dollars IF it was also Apple Flagship metal.
    If so, then how much less is it REALLY worth for not being metal? Or put another way, how much less does it REALLY cost to manufacture the 950XL out of polycarbonate vs Aluminum? (for example)

I can only guess. I have no expertise. But it just can't be but a few bucks. A $600 Apple phone couldn't cost that much less to produce if they used a different material.

I think this is all based on perception and personal taste. (The huge value equation that is constantly brought up based on the shell material)
    Don't forget the iPhone 6s Plus has less of everything specs' wise for premium top dollars! If they didn't have that 1 million app count what would they really have?

There hardware is less of everything.

-dual core
    -2GB RAM
    -12MP camera
    - 5.5" 1080p display only
    -2900 mAh battery non removable battery
    -NO microSD storage
    Etc etc etc etc etc I could go on all day!

I just don't get it? Premium price for app count is what I see. Obviously not hardware!
    09-28-2015 06:39 PM
    As my LG G2 now has a crack in the screen I am in desperate need of a new phone so 950XL is what I am waiting for as long as it hits the shelves soon. Only going to miss 2 apps one is Coc the other is the F1 app. but to be honest I can live without both. Do wish there were colour options available at release date though, still love the feel of my red 920.
    travisel likes this.
    09-28-2015 08:43 PM
    The specs aren't everything, it's the tight integration of hardware and software. The 6s & 6s plus destroys most current flagships on benchmarks.
    09-29-2015 02:24 PM
    The specs aren't everything, it's the tight integration of hardware and software. The 6s & 6s plus destroys most current flagships on benchmarks.
    Unfortunately with Lumia 950XL and Nexus 6P not in any of those benchmarks makes them useless quote.

As I said earlier if the iPhone did not have that 1 million app count they would have nothing!

Put 1 million apps into Windows 10 Mobile Microsoft would be #1

Microsoft now has the hardware now apps apps apps are needed to become top dog!
    09-29-2015 07:28 PM
    Unfortunately with Lumia 950XL and Nexus 6P not in any of those benchmarks makes them useless quote.

As I said earlier if the iPhone did not have that 1 million app count they would have nothing!

Put 1 million apps into Windows 10 Mobile Microsoft would be #1

Microsoft now has the hardware now apps apps apps are needed to become top dog!

Considering the 950 XL and 6P have very similar specs to the Note 5, S6 and OnePlus2, I wouldn't expect much difference in the benchmark scores. The real threat will come when the Snapdragon 820 releases, but we have to wait till next year for that :(. Also it's not about the quantity of the apps but rather the quality. A lot of apps suck on the App Store, Play Store and the Windows Store. But comparing popular apps head to head it's usually the case that apps on iOS and Android are much more polished than on the Windows counterpart, hopefully the Bridge function will help somewhat. So if somehow magically tomorrow the Windows Store had 1 million apps they would still have an extremely hard time catching up to Android and iOS market.
    09-29-2015 08:54 PM
    Start giving them away with Xbox's or it is over. That is how they overcame Sony. That is their last chance here. Short of that, they will be done within two years.
    That's extreme but we've reached the point now where there simply isn't any interest in WP devices so I have to agree with you. They might as well include the new Lumias as Xbox and Surface purchase bundles and call it a day instead of trying to sell phones.
    10-02-2015 07:55 PM
55 123