ultimate renders of the lumia 950 XL and specs

GMC262

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I find wider is better for reading articles in many cases-especially articles with photos. But it would be a more efficient use of space if the display all the way to the edge.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
MS should made it a more compact under 5". It would've better if L950 was under 5" with 2k display which been a showstopper. For 950XL a phablet, 5-5.5" is an ideal size IMO. From consumer's point of view, it seems camera performance would be similar to 930 or 1520 if MS is reusing same specced camera. I would love if MS comes up with something like retina flash, since increasing your screen brightness to high while capturing selfies does provide good light up options.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I honestly like Black/white and blue. Though I think the colours shouldn't be so flat and loud. This one is a good example, they don't look so loud but still maintain a nice look. They have a slight texture to them.

Microsoft-Lumia-940-XL-Imagined-with-Windows-10-and-Intel-Quad-Core-Processor-479426-6.jpg

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
MS should made it a more compact under 5". It would've better if L950 was under 5" with 2k display which been a showstopper. For 950XL a phablet, 5-5.5" is an ideal size IMO. From consumer's point of view, it seems camera performance would be similar to 930 or 1520 if MS is reusing same specced camera. I would love if MS comes up with something like retina flash, since increasing your screen brightness to high while capturing selfies does provide good light up options.

No way. Ever since moving to a 5 inch display I can't see myself using a smaller one. In fact, I can deal with anything under 6". 6" is my limit though. My 5 inch one has replaced my tablet for most things. Reading would still be a bit better with 5.5-5.7. My friend has the iphone 6 plus with 5.5" and it's great to have such a big screen. You can do so much more on it. The iphone 6 is not good for me. It's only .3 inches smaller but that's diagonal so it actually does make a big difference.

My lumia 830 I put in a wallet case and it goes in my back pocket easily. An extra .7 diagonal would still fit nicely. I think though this is where bezel comes into place. If you can make a big screen with as little bezel as possible then you're getting a similar sized phone to the smaller ones but mostly screen.

Yash Dabhi

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
plz the camera module must not pop out frm the body surface..it should be flat with the surface and give a emboss ring around the cam lens for protection...it's vary dangeorus when putting phone on the desk!!!!!

Yash Dabhi

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
should be a 6 inch phone, most people 1520 is very big to carry....in pocket.....I say no issue...i use a 1520..red....so plz make another phablet by microsoft....1 more request.....whenever is possible...support otg as max the company can...!!!

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Jeez, whatever guy. You were literally asking how it would work, and I only pointed out that nobody knows, because these renders aren't real.

You don't have to get snippy with me. I was perfectly polite and pointed out what I perceived as a mistake on your part. I never once assumed that these were in any way official renders and asked how those would work from the creator's point of view, which he actually answered with more renders showing how it would look with a white or black 'frame.' It was a perfectly reasonable question.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Thanks for following up on these renders OP. I was there when you posted your first 'prototype' and I'm happy you followed with more polished versions. I think you've shut a lot of doubters up.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for following up on these renders OP. I was there when you posted your first 'prototype' and I'm happy you followed with more polished versions. I think you've shut a lot of doubters up.

Its been a pleasure talking to you :) and thank you, hahah yeah. you know I could just start rendering out rumoured device from MS, like I could be that guy, There is the MS band 2 ;) with that sh** render of it, I have the ms band on me to go by

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Its been a pleasure talking to you :) and thank you, hahah yeah. you know I could just start rendering out rumoured device from MS, like I could be that guy, There is the MS band 2 ;) with that sh** render of it, I have the ms band on me to go by
What a fantastic idea. Take all the really crap renders and make something proper out of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes