950XL Waiting Room

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

I got impatient and was upset about the 950XL not supporting stylus input, so I picked up the Galaxy Note 5 a couple of weeks ago. I liked it...but I didn't love it. Going back to using my Lumia 1020 feels like coming home. I took the Note 5 back and decided I'm going to hold out another few weeks for the 950. I'm getting very anxious for this phone to come out.
I hear ya, every weekend I wrestle with what phone I'm going to try lol. May take a chance on the LG V10.... I know I won't like it but whatever.

BFGJoe

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site

Pre-ordered mine in a Houston MSFT store yesterday. Sales guy said they expected the first batch to arrive on Nov 30th and the next on Dec 6th. Take that info for what it is worth.

Can't wait to get back to Windows Phone after 8 years. Left Sprint for Verizon to get a better Windows Phone back then (the phone turned out to be a dud and I jumped ship to Android), now it looks like I will be leaving Verizon for the same reason.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Dictate? I have a GC as well and it reads texts but I can only voice reply via Cortana instead of the Jeep's system. When I try, it says something about being incompatible with my phone. What am I missing? Also, I really wish that when it plays music from my phone, that the album artwork would show up on the LCD...

EDIT: By the way. I'm using a 1020. Not to be confused with the 920 in my profile pic.

I think it all depends on the audio in vehicle and phone by shouldn't be problem I have Pioneer AVH-200BT,works well with my Lumia 1020 before screen cracked,using a replacement Lumia 640,shows album artwork and can read ,reply to messages through Bluetooth

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

+920. Been waiting for this phone for the longest time.... Some people keep saying wait for the Surface Phone, well I can't. Even though my 920 still functions well enough to be a daily driver, it is still starting to fall apart (front camera completely dusted and gone, sim card trade semi-broken, one of the button light broken), although it did survive a 5-minute lake dive and was magically revived.
If Surface Phone did come out in 2016, then perhaps i'll just have to sell this, who knows, maybe it won't be that much better than 950XL, this phone is a beast!

Why wait on a rumoured phone,with no assurance of release date or specs,we see and know what the phone is capable of,950/XL baby

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Was in the Microsoft store today at West Edmonton Mall and they told me the phones have been delayed until sometime in December. She said probably early December.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

Was in the Microsoft store today at West Edmonton Mall and they told me the phones have been delayed until sometime in December. She said probably early December.
These reps are as smart as a bag of hammers. As a test, I asked at 3 different stores and have received 3 different answers. Ranging from the first week of November to the day before Christmas. It's safe to say windows phone fans know more about MS products than their store employees.

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site

My husband and I were at a mall in the Portland, Oregon area tonight and stopped at the Microsoft kiosk. They do not have any idea when the 950XL is going to be released for sale. They did not have a prototype sample, as theirs was pulled recently but said they are waiting for the 'real thing'. I did enjoy playing with the Band 2 and hoping I can purchase one for Christmas.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

This whole non announcement about release dates is just crazy they should let those of us in Asia and Australia know when the new phones are going to hit the shelves. Thailand doesn't even have these phones listed on there website still. :unhappy:

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

My husband and I were at a mall in the Portland, Oregon area tonight and stopped at the Microsoft kiosk. They do not have any idea when the 950XL is going to be released for sale. They did not have a prototype sample, as theirs was pulled recently but said they are waiting for the 'real thing'. I did enjoy playing with the Band 2 and hoping I can purchase one for Christmas.

My wife and I were at the Microsoft Store at Mall of America in Bloomington (Minneapolis/ St.Paul) Minnesota and had the same experience.

ariker01

May 20, 2015
Visit site

Well I just saw they passed through the FCC today. Usually release dates are within a week or two after that based on my previous experience. I think it was just that MSFT didn't want the unpolished W10 being picked on by "reviewers" so they pulled them. In fact that's likely the reason for the slow fast ring builds..... making sure the new hardware is as tight as possible before release.

Completely agree. Only reason we don't see these devices being sent to reviewers is Windows 10. The OS is the hold up.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

Friend had a Nexus 6P. I drooled over the design. Waiting for the 950xl has become difficult.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Pre-ordered mine in a Houston MSFT store yesterday. Sales guy said they expected the first batch to arrive on Nov 30th and the next on Dec 6th. Take that info for what it is worth.

Can't wait to get back to Windows Phone after 8 years. Left Sprint for Verizon to get a better Windows Phone back then (the phone turned out to be a dud and I jumped ship to Android), now it looks like I will be leaving Verizon for the same reason.

Which store did you go to?
did they have any demo units?
did they happen to mention any special offers? perhaps a rebate for free dock?

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

These reps are as smart as a bag of hammers. As a test, I asked at 3 different stores and have received 3 different answers. Ranging from the first week of November to the day before Christmas. It's safe to say windows phone fans know more about MS products than their store employees.

This is so true.
It's poor training and communication with the in store MS sales people

Not sure I've ever gotten an accurate answer at the Freehold NJ store.

Try and preorder something at the store, my god they need to post the policy.
For the band last year, I was on an official list, there was no list, and I was on the written list. How could all three be true? Answer was really, there was no list.

Just a couple weeks ago I was told the smaller 950 was Canada only, let's see how that works out.

It's just like buying a car, many times the consumer knows more about the car than the salesperson. That is never good for a company.

BFGJoe

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site

Which store did you go to?
did they have any demo units?
did they happen to mention any special offers? perhaps a rebate for free dock?

- Galleria
- No demo units
- No mention of special offers (but I did not ask)

Honestly, I just dropped by to see if I could get any info, verify that they no longer had a demo, and take the MSFT store.com's advice to check my local store to see if they had any Icon's in stock :winktongue: after canceling my recent order. Was surprised to see a "950XL Pre-Order Now" sign. Rep said they had been taking orders for over 2 weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2