Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Bug Or not bug... every time I plug my device to my usb 3.1 port (asus z170 mobo) it sets up :) installing driver... and then its okay :D but I just dont know why

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Does a 950XL ever get cold? If I don't use the phone and leave it in the charger over night, the phone is ... not cold, not warm. It feels like I have been using the phone for some light tasks. And playing any games on this phone will make it ridiculous warm, and the screen will burn your fingers. I forgotten about heat problems on Lumias, never had any issues since back in the 920 days. My 1520 never got warm, sure, some under gaming, but not that much att all and the game had to be graphic advanced to make a Impact.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Can't seem to get glance to show the weather like others. Nitpicking as i don't have any problems hardware wise so far. Groove not updating all my music from my SD card is another, but that is OS related i guess!

RiccardoPastena

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure this is a bug or a normal system behavior but within the camera app i can't save bracketing settings. I moved them to 5 shots and +- 3 EV but it keeps reverting back to default settings.

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Does a 950XL ever get cold? If I don't use the phone and leave it in the charger over night, the phone is ... not cold, not warm. It feels like I have been using the phone for some light tasks. And playing any games on this phone will make it ridiculous warm, and the screen will burn your fingers. I forgotten about heat problems on Lumias, never had any issues since back in the 920 days. My 1520 never got warm, sure, some under gaming, but not that much att all and the game had to be graphic advanced to make a Impact.

I never noticed the heating issue.... maybe because I came from the htc one m7 which had some serious heat issues.. :D but this one is just warm :D

techie1961

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I did a search on the thread and didn't see anyone with this issue. When I am connected to my Plantronics Voyager Edge, it will disconnect occasionally. It will also provide poor audio while in a call. It is kind of periodic and constant. Almost like there is a background process that is taking too much processing power and compromising the audio feed.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Last night when I connected to my PC, Windows 10 wouldn't recognize the phone. I've had no problems prior, although MS did recently push a 10 update. I installed the Windows Phone App for my desktop and after clicking 'can't find your phone?' it worked again. Kind of pitiful that MS's two Windows 10 OS can't recognize each other without another step. I think the driver got deleted when I pushed the latest 10 update, but it would have been nice if it asked me to reinstall it.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
For people having issues can you also mention firmware you are on? System > About.

Firmware here: 15454

-I have some issues launching mass effect infiltrator though it's only published on windows store 8.1, I got it from my library.
-Device doesn't get hot like some mentioned here. Slightly warm even on the most demanding games/vids.
-Sometimes runemals crashes on load but I keep trying and eventually works. Most of this stuff is running on compatibility layer if not a true windows 10 app though.
-Sometimes when I load Age of empires the screen seems to be off on where i tap and where it registers. I have to tap to the left of where I want the tap to register. Relaunching fixes it. This sometimes happens with wpcentral app as well.
-More of a w10m issue in general where if you are texting with all sounds off and vibration off and you are in the actual chat dialog when you receive a message it always vibrates. If i'm not in the chat dialog the vibration doesn't occur.

latest version apparently fixes compatibility layer with 8.1 apps so going to install that when my phone picks up the insider config.

CapitainLumia: Did you unlock the phone? You need to unlock phone after connecting to get it to fully recognize. May be a security thing who knows. Don't want someone connecting your phone to the PC and having full access.

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Were you guys able to solve (temporarily because it comes back ) the popping speaker issue? from time to time it seems like it would play back a second long empty noise or something like that :D and then it stops, then it pops.

for me only the restart solves it

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
does anyone else have the pop-up keyboard block their text box (when responding to a text message), and preventing you to see what you are typing?

I just got off a Chat session with MS, and found out that if the above happens to you...you, can fix it by: PRESS AND HOLD THE SPACEBAR ON THE KEYBOARD AND DRAG IT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN. I did this and it worked great.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
CapitainLumia: Did you unlock the phone? You need to unlock phone after connecting to get it to fully recognize. May be a security thing who knows. Don't want someone connecting your phone to the PC and having full access.

Yes, it was very weird that it didn't recognize it. I think it was a driver issue. Fortunately the Windows Phone app for desktop resolved it. I would have been pretty ticked off if I couldn't connect to my home PC. I use my phone sort of like a flash drive for files between my work and home PC because of the ridiculous encryption software they use at my work for flash drives.

kenncvd

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Poor Battery Life (update can fix)
Speakerphone mic *broken*.

Continuum is cooooool! Worth having the phone... unless it's broken.
The battery life was less than a day with moderate texting and some browsing...
Not so good.
I didn't mind the bugs and the lack of "ease of use" of some apps as much since I still consider Windows Mobile 10 still in its infancy.
The killer that made me return the product ***sigh*** was the speaker phone mic wasn't working, I could hear them, they could not hear me.
I did troubleshoot myself, but to no avail, my rear or front mic was not working during use of speakerphone.
So, since it's still pre order, I am not the waiting kind, I decided to wait for Surface Phone (rumor)... :)
Good luck ya'll - 12/07/15
:unhappy::unhappy::unhappy:

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
For people having issues can you also mention firmware you are on? System > About.

Firmware here: 15454

-I have some issues launching mass effect infiltrator though it's only published on windows store 8.1, I got it from my library.
-Device doesn't get hot like some mentioned here. Slightly warm even on the most demanding games/vids.
-Sometimes runemals crashes on load but I keep trying and eventually works. Most of this stuff is running on compatibility layer if not a true windows 10 app though.
-Sometimes when I load Age of empires the screen seems to be off on where i tap and where it registers. I have to tap to the left of where I want the tap to register. Relaunching fixes it. This sometimes happens with wpcentral app as well.
-More of a w10m issue in general where if you are texting with all sounds off and vibration off and you are in the actual chat dialog when you receive a message it always vibrates. If i'm not in the chat dialog the vibration doesn't occur.

latest version apparently fixes compatibility layer with 8.1 apps so going to install that when my phone picks up the insider config.

I am on 01078.00017.15452.59027

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Guys,

you do use Whatsapp right? even audionotes...

Can you please test out -within the app - when you record audionote and you listen back... it deepens your voice....

If I use the normal voice recorder it is just fine..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes