Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know seeing this on Glance screen or lockscreen. In Glance screen and on the lockscreen, the text of the weather app roll off the screen.
View attachment 118236

Anyone know seeing this on Glance screen or lockscreen. In Glance screen and on the lockscreen, the text of the weather app roll off the screen.

Hey androidkin,

You may have an Weather APP, or Cortana is bored.

Cortana will give you alerts on a number of different issue (provided you have her activated), at least I know I do.

To check the other possibility, GoTo: "Settings" => 'System' => 'Notifications & actions' => TOP OF PAGE: look to see if you choose a weather app. => BOTTOM OF PAGE: also check in this area see if you have a weather app installed and activated.

Hope this helps.

Please excuse errors.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Anyone having issues of your phone not notifying you when texts come in?

My phone will sometimes give me a chime and a screen notification and sometimes it will not. I have double checked the settings and it should be notifying me every time.

For a while last night I thought I was not getting texts as a buddy called me and asked why I was not responding to him.

Low and behold I open the message app and there were 3 texts from him.........but my phone never notified me.

It has done it once today but then another time today it actually did notify me.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Anyone having issues of your phone not notifying you when texts come in?

My phone will sometimes give me a chime and a screen notification and sometimes it will not. I have double checked the settings and it should be notifying me every time.

For a while last night I thought I was not getting texts as a buddy called me and asked why I was not responding to him.

Low and behold I open the message app and there were 3 texts from him.........but my phone never notified me.

It has done it once today but then another time today it actually did notify me.

I noticed that when I had Bluetooth Active for my desk's headset, I was not receiving notifications...now that I have Bluetooth "off", I get most notifications.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Add this to the "list of reasons to reboot"

Last night, I noticed that while the phone was asleep at the glance screen, every time I received a notification (text, email, whatever) the phone would wake up with the noise it makes when unlocked, display the notification, then go back to sleep with the noise it makes when you put it to sleep with the button. I rebooted and all was normal again.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I probably should have better qualified my statement. if Bluetooth is "ON" and connected to a Bluetooth device.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kaplan View Post
"To everyone complaining about the emails not fully downloading, have you gone into the sync settings for each account and put a check on "download complete email"? It is OFF by default."

Dont expect any nice big attached images though for some reasom MS see it fit to make them 100x100 pixels (Not an exact number)

Not very usefull for my intrusions network camera dectactions emails

But great for making miniature icons for the kids
but not for any thing alse :?(

:?( yes im never happy - I sux

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My W10 laptop does not recognize my 950 XL. I am using the included Type C USB cable and when I plug it in it chirps and looks like it's charging but I get no notification on my PC and don't see it in phone companion or file explorer. Can anyone help me out ? Do I need a driver or something ?

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My W10 laptop does not recognize my 950 XL. I am using the included Type C USB cable and when I plug it in it chirps and looks like it's charging but I get no notification on my PC and don't see it in phone companion or file explorer. Can anyone help me out ? Do I need a driver or something ?

Are you running all the latest updates from Windows Update? On my Lenovo X1 Carbon, all I had to do was plug it in.

Bob Domico

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Today I have noticed I cant enter file explorer. The app keeps crashing before starting. Anyone else noticed this?

I had that issue. I did a software reset and now it works

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I had ear speaker busted straight out of box. First phone call i made i thought that it was just bad connection but second call i made it was clear that speaker was broken. Just got replacement and everything is fine now. Phone also feels better overall and no squeaking back cover either not to mention phone seems to run quite bit cooler too. I had definitely bad unit.

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Top this one:

To turn on Microsoft Hello, the phone tells you to take off your glasses and then proceeds to give you text instructions. Do Microsoft engineers have the slightest clue why people wear glasses? Well the main reason is so they can read things like text on a screen! Ever hear of giving voice instructions?

:)

To be fair, given the average age of a computer or software engineer, most of them probably have experience with myopia (shortsightedness), but not with presbyopia, therefore there is no problem in their minds to remove one's glasses to look at the phone. Actually it is even more natural do to that.

Johan____

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had my phone plugged in to the charger for almost 17 hours straight (about half an hour break in between) and it has only reached 90%?? Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

My weather info has completely disappeared from the lock screen, it worked fine for the first day, but now I can only see time, date and notifications.

I also noticed when writing this post that sometimes highlighting text to copy or edit doesn't work at all.

When changing songs from the lock screen, the text flicker two to three times before displaying the new song.

That's what I could think about right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital