Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

rkamp

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Definitely had the exact same problem mentioned here for the 5Ghz WIFI network on a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router. Connected up to the 2.4Ghz network and everything is very solid.
I have been running over 2 days without a reboot. This is a nasty problem and probably confusing for new users who think the phone is unreliable.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Be careful. AT&T charges restocking fees. I don't know if this translates over to buying by way of a Microsoft Store.

My 950XL wouldn't get Text Messages when I first got it. I had the Sync all history enabled on the messaging area. I bet your phone is still trying to sync your entire text history. Turn that off, mine eventually caught up, I deleted some of the old history from like 3 years ago, and texts are working great.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
- I, too, am struggling with the email images failing to load.
- Battery life was not great until I changed some of the battery saver settings and decreased the frequency of my email downloads within the account settings.
- I have set my phone to only require a password if no use within an hour. Even so, Windows Hello tries to start every time I open my phone. On a few occasions, when I get into apps before Hello has turned off, the thing glitches and then fails to come back on until I reset my phone.
- Has anyone else had an issue with the glass screen? Mine is warped in three of the four corners, straight out of the box. I have tried to apply two different tempered glass screen protectors. The first one was from the microsoft store when I bought the 950xl. I applied it to the phone right out of the box. The corners kept pulling off due to the warping of the glass screen. The Microsoft employee said it was probably a faulty protector. Once I got the phone home, I realized that the warping was actually in the glass of the lumia. The second screen protector that I had ordered from Amazon on the way home from the microsoft store had the same issues of not sticking in the corners. The screen, itself, seems to work fine and the warping does not seem to affect the touch registration.

Yes, my glass protector has the top right and left not stuck...thought is was a dirt issue

KazeWoAtsumete

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I just cannot turn on my wifi. On the first day I have the phone, wifi works for like half day. Then, it always tells me try again later when I tried to turn it on again. I have restart several times, soft-reset several times and hard reset once but nothing works. However, my data just works fine.

Do you think it is a software issue or hardware.

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
- I, too, am struggling with the email images failing to load.
- Has anyone else had an issue with the glass screen? Mine is warped in three of the four corners, straight out of the box. I have tried to apply two different tempered glass screen protectors. The first one was from the microsoft store when I bought the 950xl. I applied it to the phone right out of the box. The corners kept pulling off due to the warping of the glass screen.

Yes! Thank you for confirming that I'm not the only crazy one that thought this. Mine does it in all 4 corners and a bit around the Hello scanner.

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug, or if i'm missing an option, or if windows phone doesn't support it. I can't figure out how to make the notification center have a landscape mode.

If i'm in a landscape app and pull the notification center down it looks like this:
wp_ss_20151204_0001.jpg

On my old android the notification center would rotate to match the rest of the phone's orientation, like this:
Screenshot_2015-12-04-00-15-59.png

I hope its a bug or I'm missing something, because imho, having the notification center stuck in portrait mode while the rest of the phone is in landscape is not a very intuitive UI choice.

neko1302

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
My issues are:

1) No pictures on the email and the email have bad formatting. No problem with a Lumia435 with wp10 preview

2) in setting there is not the Touch and Gestures but only touch with viber when i youch the nav Keys.
No gestures, no double tap no glove settings
I'm very angry, becouse the phone is too expensive.

3) Cortana on the Band (1) cannot comunicate with the phone

4) The store doesn't send notification with the update of my apps.

5) The Meteo app on the Glance screen is not good as the WP81. Just show some text in little font. and sometime the screen forget to show the meteo.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine - I can confirm problems too - Linksys e4200 router

Updated!

1. 5Ghz connects but NO internet connection (2.4 is solid)
  2. Also no EE 4g anymore just 3g - FIX: its just harder to connect than my 1520
  3. Red tint on screen - darn you ms FIX: use advanced color profile (not great)
  4. Colours fade fast with slight off center viewing angle
  5. Lumia offers show nothing - FIX: I needed to get a new version of the program

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
does anyone else have the pop-up keyboard block their text box (when responding to a text message), and preventing you to see what you are typing?

neko1302

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Other problem: Skype for business doesn't work in the right way, messages from colleagues don't arrive (I can see the status, I can write, but messages arrive on pc)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Other problem: Skype for business doesn't work in the right way, messages from colleagues don't arrive (I can see the status, I can write, but messages arrive on pc)

Neko: I had lengthy Skype conversation with a factory in China, day before yesterday, and noticed that while conversing via text, on Skype, that the whole conversation was also broadcasted to the 950XL simultaneously. I have selected in my: 'Settings' => 'System' => 'Messaging' => 'Sync messages between devices' = "ON". When I completed the Skype conversation, I noticed that my 950XL's Live Tile Message Icon logged every entry made by the Factory, as an "Unread Incoming Message" totaling 21 for the "one" Skype Converstaion.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
To everyone complaining about the emails not fully downloading, have you gone into the sync settings for each account and put a check on "download complete email"? It is OFF by default.

androidkin

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know seeing this on Glance screen or lockscreen. In Glance screen and on the lockscreen, the text of the weather app roll off the screen.
IMG_20151204_123415.jpg

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
To everyone complaining about the emails not fully downloading, have you gone into the sync settings for each account and put a check on "download complete email"? It is OFF by default.
Hey Mark -
thanks for the tip, I think we need more of that.

I did find that setting a while back. I was having the same problem as everyone else, and at first was concerned...until I found out that almost everyone was have the same result (emails not downloading full content). Then it just stood to reason that a fix would be around the corner. I've noticed that more and more of my email account are starting to show their full content, and after reading your post, I re-check my primary email account, and low-and-behold all was good again.

I don't know if it's my imagination, but are the MS elves sliding some bug fixes during the night...I swear, my phone is getting better and better. A customer called this morning and I noticed that the pop-up screen with his picture on it look down right impressive, of course I immediately hung up on him and had to call him back...and during apology I told him it was a new phone and I wasn't altogether familiar with it. The point I'd like to make is that when he asked me "Oh, what kind did you get?" I actually felt VERY PROUND to say "It's a Windows Phone". I'm really starting to fall in love with this phone...I my have to go out tonight and buy it some flowers!!!

sorry for all grammatical errors.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
well I had tried to do that a couple of other times, but I made the mistake of FIRST telling the ATT person that I had an unlocked phone. We're talking about two long calls to tech support and one IN PERSON visit to a devices "support" center. When you tell ATT that you have an unlocked phone, they close their ears and don't care. You are not their problem, which makes sense because they have problems all day long and one less would be welcome.

But it turned out, after I finally, today, after reading that post again, decided to LIE to the tech support person and she actually LOOKED at my account, that some bozo from ATT had TURNED OFF MY DATA PLAN COMPLETELY. I had originally had an unlimited plan, but now I had nothing... pay per use that didn't even work.

So moral of the story is to go ahead and try to cut the SIM if you need to, or just go ahead and lie to ATT because they do not have your actual interest in mind if you are not on one of their branded phones.

So thank you for the response, you caused me to re-read the article and gather the courage to fabricate a story that eventually made my phone work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon