Lumia 950XL Bugs + Defects

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
that is crazy. should just be a toggle left/right switch...
I'll tell you what's crazy, I revisited the setting...and come to find out that it wasn't toggling on BECAUSE I was trying to swipe it on??? I tried swiping the Setting above it and nothing. Here's the crazy part...when I inadvertently touched it, it switched ON. So, although it has a "swipe" gesture switch, it actually toggles ON by a "touch" gesture only (at least with my phone) boy, sometime ya just feel stupid. Thanks for your help.

bjd223

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
You probably have a stuck OS update. You have to clear all the app updates/installs from the store and leave it on the charger.

If it never starts (stuck at 0% forever) a hard reset can fix the issue but may not.

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
2 major issues so far. just got the phone using less than 24 hours so i dont know if this improves.
1. it gets really warm. not hot but really warm.
2. taking videos with the phone. when i play videos back it freezes a bit or stutters then cuts off. like if i record a 20 seconds video. its only going to have maybe 10-15 seconds when i play back and stutters/freezes a few times. looks to me like the autofocus, when it tries to focus the video freezes

anyone know any fix this?

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
oh i have done factory reset through settings, and twice using the buttons. after reset the camera is fine. sometime after all the app updates or maybe restoring contacts. no apps or settings just contacts. the camera issue comes back

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I got a problem when attempting to update to 10586.36. I have been an insider for a year and everything just fine for the past. I was using 930 before. Every time it had insider update, I got and installed without any problem. Now I am using 950xl. When I tried to update to .36, problem occurred. The update progress stuck in 0% for long long time. Even worse, the insider app seems to cause battery drain. I tried log out from insider program, but failed. It said the insider app is updating and can't take any change. I then uninstall the insider app and restart the phone. I checked that the insider app had gone, can't be seen in the app list. Then I go to settings abd check for update. I see there is an update for insider fast ring. What happened!? I have no clue to tackle this. Finally I factory reset the phone.

Yapchagi

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
My 950 XL froze 2 times since I got it. Had to take out the battery and turned the power back on. Also, anyone having a problem with receiving test message without any tone/sound? Seems like a bug to me. It happened twice to me and I had to restart the phone.

Hna

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone ever had their Camera OIS stuck?
I went to bed and was hearing a clicking noise but didn't make case of it.
When I woke up today, the noise was still happening and I tracked it down to the phone.
The camera OIS was stuck and trying to focus eventhough the phone was on standby. Opened the camera app and it fixed itself.

ukod

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, received my 950 XL this morning (hurray) however, i think the phone is defective because my nano sim will NOT lock into place. I haven't scoured through the thread entirely, but has anyone else experienced this?

Quezacot

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
5ghz wifi keeps dropping in my 950xl after 10 seconds and won't detect any wifi anymore the only fix is to restart the phone. My other devices can connect to my 5ghz wifi without any problem.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
So I always thought that the screen on the XL was very odd like you can almost feel it depressing like some sort of force touch feature. I liked it but definitely different than the super hard surface of my 830. I just found out that gorilla glass 4 was made to be more flexible and that's why it feels kind of softer. That's actually pretty cool!

vs6xfx

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, received my 950 XL this morning (hurray) however, i think the phone is defective because my nano sim will NOT lock into place. I haven't scoured through the thread entirely, but has anyone else experienced this?

You need to push it in till it lock. Push it again will release the sim from it slot.

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I have done it with my last phone the L1520. Bought it online and it was defective and had it replaced at the MS store.

i called my local MS store but i got a call center instead. and he called my local MS store to ask them. but he said the store was asking if i had microsoft complete. i was like no but why would i need that? i have 1 year warranty and i have only had the phone for a day

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
i guess i will just have to go today and try and see if they can replace it. whenever i take videos no matter what setting the videos freeze every few seconds. like lagging if you were playing a game online and had latency spike. and the phone gets warm at random times. watched star wars last night had the phone off. turned it on after movie took some pictures and short video and it got warm

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
i read about someone having same issues as me with videos. so i took out my SD card and took a video and kept trying to focus on different things, no lag/stutter during playback. put SD card back in and the lag/stutter is back

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
i called my local MS store but i got a call center instead. and he called my local MS store to ask them. but he said the store was asking if i had microsoft complete. i was like no but why would i need that? i have 1 year warranty and i have only had the phone for a day
The phone came out in less than a month so MS should exchange it if it is defective. It came with a 1 year warranty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes