Any word on pre orders for 950XL in the physical stores?

dullerm

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
The employee said, there were a few emails that just went out saying they were allowed to sell them today, their original communications stated they had to wait until the 26th.

Thanks for sharing this info. Keeping my fingers crossed that all stores will follow suit without any long debating necessary. Would definitely make my day too if I could get it today and avoid Black Friday.

Adam Frix

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Just got a call from my local store an hour or so ago. Units are in and ready to be picked up today--he even said "we were authorized to release them today".

And, he confirmed that the free Continuum dock offer was good for in-store units as well.

And, better yet, he's holding it for me until end of business Saturday. Now I get to ponder whether I want to spend $700 for real or not.

samuch

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Just went into Schaumburg IL store and was told they wouldn't sell until tomorrow. Stinks as I'm leaving town tonight. Hopefully that changes.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Just went into Schaumburg IL store and was told they wouldn't sell until tomorrow. Stinks as I'm leaving town tonight. Hopefully that changes.
That's what I'm afraid of. WC has a front page story saying Microsoft decided to release them today, not tomorrow. I'm gonna try but am doubtful the word has gotten to all stores. Terrible launch.

callomancave

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Just in case anyone is in the DC area, I just got off phone with the Pentagon City Microsoft Store and the 950XL will not be available until tomorrow at 6pm. The 950 is available now unlocked if you want that model.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Just in case anyone is in the DC area, I just got off phone with the Pentagon City Microsoft Store and the 950XL will not be available until tomorrow at 6pm. The 950 is available now unlocked if you want that model.
You didn't happen to ask if the 950 was a dual SIM model did you?

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
That's so silly. What a disjointed launch. Do they not want our money? Many stores are selling today, but some not until tomorrow. Makes no sense.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
That's so silly. What a disjointed launch. Do they not want our money? Many stores are selling today, but some not until tomorrow. Makes no sense.
If they are leaving it up to store managers who want to drive Thanksgiving day/Black Friday traffic, I'm not sure I can blame them.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
hey, has anyone who has been to an MS store today noticed if they have cases and/or screen protectors in stock for both the 950 & 950 XL?

Onyeka Nwankwo1

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I was able to pick mine up today in North Carolina. Walked in and played dumb saying today was the day i heard to pick them up. No issues although all the phones were accounted for so i couldn't switch colors.

dmmontal

May 1, 2013
Visit site
For those in New York City, I can confirm that both the Flagship Store on 5th Ave and the kiosk at the Time Warner Center are not releasing them today, according to the representative I spoke to on the phone. He knew already that the flagship store would not be releasing them until tomorrow, but he put me on hold and called the kiosk directly to confirm with them as well, and it was the same story.

He did say both locations would be open on Friday, and that pre-orders would be held for 48 hours.

Best of luck to everyone and have a great holiday!

SickOnSunday

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I stopped by the Tysons Corner store and was told that they do have both phones in the back, but that they haven't been added to inventory yet and so they can't be sold.

I was also told to come back when they open at 10am tomorrow, but considering that the mall doesn't open until 6pm, I'm not sure that's correct.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes