Any word on pre orders for 950XL in the physical stores?

SickOnSunday

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I just talked to the call center people that everyone talks to when they try to call their local store. The guy that I talked to said that they've been instructed not to send anyone to the store if the store themselves haven't contacted you yet. Makes sense, just frustrating that some stores are selling and some aren't.

The interesting thing for those of us who haven't pre-ordered is that, according to the guy I talked to, they won't sell you a phone until everyone who did pre-order has picked up their phone. So even if you show up in store tomorrow at 6pm, they still might not sell you a phone if you didn't pre-order. You'd just have to hope that the store got a few extra phones in, which apparently they can't tell you ahead of time either.

wizll

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
got mine from Westfield San Francisco MS store, plus a new nano sim from AT&T since I was still rocking a micro sim in the 1020. Several others were getting their phones while I was there though. Thank goodness I don't have to go in on Black Friday!

called myself initially to confirm, since I never got an email or phone call about it being available.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I just walked into the store in the Westchester mall showed them my receipt and they handed me the device around 1:30-2:00pm this was after the call center said thanksgiving night sooo just walk in and see

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't go in today if your store is open tomorrow.

The Frisco store gave me some bs that maybe the ones able to sell today were closed tomorrow and is why that was happening, but they're open tomorrow so I have to come back at 6pm.

Last time i'm buying in store for cheap products. I'll go there for big purchases like Surface since they throw in freebies, but this phone launch really pissed me off as far as logistics go as someone really dropped the ball here.

outoftime84

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello. So I went into my local store and they had them ready to go. Which is awesome! The only thing that got me was I never received a call or an email saying they were there. If I had not checked with them i could have been waiting along time before I would have known. I'm so glad I follow this site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit