Here Drive+???

scorom#WP

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just got my 950XL and love it so far but noticed that Here Drive+ didn't install and can't find in store. Did I miss something??? I have it on my Lumia Icon and HTC M8 which are both running Windows 10 Phone. Anyone else seeing this or better yet, having it install?

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft maps and Waze is all you need. Granted, with Waze, you can't listen to C3P0 call you Master at every turn since Google won't allow voice downloads outside default ones.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
the official line is that there is a technical issue with the here apps that is preventing them from showing up in the w10 store and that they are working to resolve it. I guess we'll see.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I emailed Here on this and I got the stock "technical issue" response and was directed to use windows maps instead. Interestingly Here's website just lists availability for iOS and Android, something tells me it's never coming back.

Windows maps works, it's just a very poor GPS solution when driving. The UI needs alot of work to make it practical. No large buttons, two click access to previous destinations, no commute tile. It's cumbersome behind the wheel with it's menus and small buttons.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Hope they do re-release Drive. I used that very often. Microsoft's maps I will admit was better looking that Here's though.

Bleak Morn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I used to use the My Commute feature of HERE Drive+ extensively... the Microsoft Maps app doesn't seem to have similar commute management tools - though it does have a "Where's my car" feature like HERE did. Also, the usage of screen real-estate in landscape mode is awful compared to HERE.

Today I tried Waze on the way in to work. Unfortunately it seems to have a lot more visual clutter - for example, little Waze logos with crowns and such... I assume those are frequent Waze users. Also, it didn't seem to be able to rotate out of portrait mode. Data also seemed stale. Traffic was flowing quite well, but the app seemed to warn of slow traffic.

Oh well. I've used HERE twice daily for several years - and even Tweeted a bunch of feedback. Lately it was working pretty solidly and accurately... and then they pull the plug.

On the Desktop the Windows Maps app seems better hands down so I see no sense in keeping the HERE desktop app installed with no mobile companion.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I will say that with Cortana enabled it will give you the prompt of it's time to leave if you have locations setup. It's not something you can pull up so it's somewhat useless unless your schedule is very rigid. The tile was so handy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes