03-23-2016 05:03 PM
165 ... 34567
tools
    I am fairly certain the problem with VVM is the handset, not the carrier. Even carriers that turn on VVM for every phone and every phone is unlocked don't work with this one...meaning Cricket wireless.
    It's worse than all this, mine will tell me how many VM messages there are even if it was powered off or flight mode during the messages, so it has that part of the Visual Voicemail stack running with att as the main sim and slot two empty. When VVM is disabled for various reasons on my 950 and 1520s it just says VM, when its working or starting to work I'll get toast messages saying how many messages. When I click on the toast on the XL it dismisses the notification, on the 950 & 1520 it takes me to the VVM tab in the phone app.
    01-03-2016 09:08 AM
    Has nothing to do with dual sim.

If you did not purchase the phone directly from your carrier, it will most likely not work.
    It's interesting that Blackberry created the Priv and sells it completely outside the carriers, unlocked from the Blackberry store--yet when you plug in a T-Mobile sim you get not only visual voicemail but you ALSO get T-Mobile's wifi calling.

And somehow, MS managed NOT to do those things.

950 family is worse than Blackberry? Yes. Now you know.
    01-03-2016 10:00 AM
    Has nothing to do with dual sim.

If you did not purchase the phone directly from your carrier, it will most likely not work. If you have an old windows phone from them, and enter that IMEI id on your account, it should start working.
    Try again. Just read the grey box and stop spring nonsense that you want to believe.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...icemail-mobile

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Alex Zapata likes this.
    01-09-2016 08:28 AM
  4. Martin J Finn_Ability Response_LLC's Avatar
    I have a Lumia 950xl Dual Sim Unlocked purchased directly from Microsoft's Site. At first I love the phone, spent days setting it up and exploring all it can do. So then it's time to call someone and set up my voicemail; I'm using Ting as a carrier; I believe they're using Sprints network. Upfront, I do not know much about phones, but I first have to record my name and greeting, the sound quality of my recorded voice is just TERRIBLE! Is this a software or a hardware issue? I've tried everything and it sounds like mud, distant, muffled... on a $700 phone? Then I try the Youmail App, I can't get it working, it won't pick up calls, it fails all their call testing and it doesn't even play the greeting? So I put Youmail aside and on to VV, same problems? What good it a phone that gives you everything else but can't complete a call, record or play a message, etc. I can't figure out where this is all coming from, I don't know enough about the phone or phones in general. But then is this a Windows 10 Mobile issue? Hardware? Software? I don't know what to do next, terribly frustrated!
    02-16-2016 04:49 PM
    Has anyone tested a Single SIM Lumia 950 XL with AT&T yet, to see if VVM works? What is cost of an imported (to USA) Single SIM 950 XL?
    I bought my 950XL single SIM on eBay for $540 delivered. I put in my AT&T nanoSIM I was using in my 920 in and within a minute or so VVM worked after entering my pin.
    02-16-2016 07:47 PM
    Try again. Just read the grey box and stop spring nonsense that you want to believe.

Set up and check visual voicemail - Windows Help

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Thanks for that link, think that settles the issue. I am curious though as to why that is the case technically. Wish they provided some more details.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-17-2016 04:26 PM
    They could just tell us that VVM isn't supported on dual SIM devices because "we don't want to bother with figuring out how to make it work" - this phrase also applies to many other issues but nobody at Microsoft will ever admit that.
    02-17-2016 05:05 PM
    They could just tell us that VVM isn't supported on dual SIM devices because "we don't want to bother with figuring out how to make it work" - this phrase also applies to many other issues but nobody at Microsoft will ever admit that.
    Heck they only admit it in one spot on their entire website. That could have been added on by some low level web developer. I'm skeptical the phone team is even aware it's an issue.
    02-18-2016 05:56 AM
    With the new Redstone load, it is stated the VVM is broken, but for the first time since I purchased my 950XL, VVM actually shows up in my phone app, and it asked for my VM password. It does not get notifications, as they say it will not in the feature/bug list, but at least it shows up, which tells me that they are trying to fix it. Hopefully with the next insider build they will get it working. To me it is a hopeful sign.
    constantreader16 likes this.
    02-20-2016 10:38 AM
    Confirmed in France too: dual sim devices (950 and 950 XL) now have the VVM option in settings even if, as expected and stated by Microsoft,it doesn't work yet.
    02-20-2016 11:28 AM
    With the new Redstone load, it is stated the VVM is broken, but for the first time since I purchased my 950XL, VVM actually shows up in my phone app, and it asked for my VM password. It does not get notifications, as they say it will not in the feature/bug list, but at least it shows up, which tells me that they are trying to fix it. Hopefully with the next insider build they will get it working. To me it is a hopeful sign.
    Confirmed in France too: dual sim devices (950 and 950 XL) now have the VVM option in settings even if, as expected and stated by Microsoft,it doesn't work yet.
    I can confirm the same here. 950 XL US Dual SIM. It asked for my voicemail password and now shows up in the phone app. While there is zero confirmation, this would lend some support to the case that this should be working very soon for Dual SIM phones running VVM. The only real question remains to be whether or not this will be available in the near future to those not running the Insider Program on their W10M devices or will they have to wait until Redstone is released?
    02-20-2016 05:04 PM
    Probably the latter, rs1 required. VVM has NEVER been supported on dual sim since wp8.1, I guess because of the OS.

Anyway, it sounds good. As for PC, I consider the second iteration as the first stable one. For instance : I haven't upgraded the PC before having seen TH2. For Mobile, TH2 is the first release, so we'll probably start to enjoy fully windows 10 mobile starting with RS1.

I expect VVM, vibrate when call is connected etc to come to dual sim devices with RS1.
    02-21-2016 04:28 AM
    This sounds encouraging. I've been holding off waiting for VVM to work. When I read the release notes about VVM being broken I hoped it was because they were reengineering it to finally work on dual SIM phones and it sounds like they are. That and the bug fix of camera frames no longer dropping are starting to bring some real fixes... my concern is that RS is not due for many months and I'm not sure I want to be stuck on insider builds which historically have shown some instability just to get VVM. Would be good if they can roll these fixes into a mainstream branch as users do expect this kind of stuff to just work.
    02-21-2016 06:46 PM
    VVM also showed up on my DS 950 XL with ATT tonight.
    02-21-2016 08:06 PM
    Where is it showing up? I have a dual sim 950XL on t-mobile and see nada
    justin071894 likes this.
    02-21-2016 08:54 PM
    Confirmed. Lumia 950xl dual sim on tmobile is showing visual voicemail. Go to phone app, click the voicemail button on the bottom, and it'll ask you to set up voicemail!!
    02-21-2016 08:58 PM
    VVM also showed up on my DS 950 XL with ATT tonight.
    Assuming it doesn't work yet though?
    02-21-2016 10:32 PM
    I joined the insider program, got the fast ring and VVM is working on T-Mobile
    02-23-2016 08:32 PM
    Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267.1004
    We’re introducing Visual Voicemail for dual-SIM devices such as dual-SIM Lumia 950 XL! Work for this feature was in Friday’s release but due to the above mentioned bug impacting notifications it was not working correctly. But now the experience should be working as expected.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...ld-14267-1004/

I can now unsubscribe from this thread
    Joe920 and constantreader16 like this.
    02-24-2016 12:46 PM
    Confirming that VVM is working for me on my Lumia 950XL on AT&T, with the new build released today (14267.1004). My earlier VMs are now showing up in the list. Thanks MS!!
    02-24-2016 01:39 PM
    I still need DTW, then I will order another XL.
    02-24-2016 02:36 PM
    Confirming that VVM is working for me on my Lumia 950XL on AT&T, with the new build released today (14267.1004). My earlier VMs are now showing up in the list. Thanks MS!!
    Confirming VVM works after latest update on my 950XL on Cricket wireless. Slowly w10m is shaping up nicely. Definitely better than day1 on my 950XL
    fpostrow likes this.
    02-24-2016 04:07 PM
    Works for me too ATT 950xl dual sim.

Thanks MS!!!!
    fpostrow likes this.
    02-24-2016 05:19 PM
    Yup, the new Redstone update today fixes the notification issue on VM and VVM fully functional on my dual SIM 950XL on AT&T... so it was an OS issue all along and not the hardware or ATT... happy camper here.
    fpostrow likes this.
    02-24-2016 05:54 PM
    Doesn't appear to be showing up on my DS 950 XL on AT&T. I've tired...
    • calling my voicemail by...
      • holding down '1'
      • pressing the voicemail button

• terminating the phone app (v 2.1.24001)
    • restarting device

I even repeated the above steps with the phone tiles linked and unlinked. Still nothing.
    02-24-2016 06:33 PM
165 ... 34567