So what about games 950/950XL :) :) ?

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey!

Well, we can see all kinds of posts about battery, screen, OS, and so on.

So I thought it would be really cool and helpful for some users like me if they knew how well does the new
Flagships run 🎮 Games 🎮

If any of the 950s owners are able to share their experience, screenshots or even video about Gameplay on these two devices, now is your chance as YouTube still has no such video :).

Here are some high end 3D games:

GTA San Andreas
Modern Combat 5
Asphalt 8

And of course you can add to the list. :)

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I would but I dont use my phone for gaming, so I have no point of reference.

It's not so much about the gaming on my part too, but the fact that the phones are powerful enough for the games to work flawlessly when you do play games is nice.
My concern is if those Games work with full 2K resolution and are optimized for new hardware.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey!

Well, we can see all kinds of posts about battery, screen, OS, and so on.

So I thought it would be really cool and helpful for some users like me if they knew how well does the new
Flagships run 🎮 Games 🎮

If any of the 950s owners are able to share their experience, screenshots or even video about Gameplay on these two devices, now is your chance as YouTube still has no such video :).

Here are some high end 3D games:

GTA San Andreas
Modern Combat 5
Asphalt 8

And of course you can add to the list. :)

I'd like to add that San Andreas is the most beautiful I've seen on a handset (950xl), but the controls are seriously buggy. The right side of the screen's buttons work fine on initial play, but after you restart the game a second time, you must press just to the left of each button, it gets real confusing while driving.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to add that San Andreas is the most beautiful I've seen on a handset (950xl), but the controls are seriously buggy. The right side of the screen's buttons work fine on initial play, but after you restart the game a second time, you must press just to the left of each button, it gets real confusing while driving.

Thanks for the info! GTA is my biggest concern. Are your settings maxed out though?

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info! GTA is my biggest concern. Are your settings maxed out though?

I only used the default out the box settings. I deleted the app and reinstalled with the same problem. I guess I should have tried to change the control settings to see if it could have impacted something. Granted, they game is still very playable and I'm sure you'll get used to it, but since I recently played it on my 830 I decided to skip getting re-acclimated.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Modern Combat 5 -- Slow to load plays fine
Asphalt 8 -- Slow to load plays fine

Phone screen and bottom back of phone gets very warm, but that's probably normal for high graphic gaming.
I only played for about 15 minutes.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Modern Combat 5 -- Slow to load plays fine
Asphalt 8 -- Slow to load plays fine

Phone screen and bottom back of phone gets very warm, but that's probably normal for high graphic gaming.
I only played for about 15 minutes.

Thx, seems like it definitely needs some optimization and the amount of time when it gets warm is kinda too quick. Although I'd still blame Snapdragon 810, where the 808 doesn't do that and still plays smoothly on max settings..

mattdistro

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I've tried a few games/apps, nothing major

I noticed slowdown on some fairly simple things like Threes and the Xbox Avatars app. The framerate is low and they stutter a lot.

Asphalt Overdrive seems to work fine though, and GFXBench runs ok. First time I ran it the results weren't too good, perhaps due to heat as it was charging at the time. The run I did last night put it very close to a Galaxy S5, which was an improvement, but it's still showing as slower than an iPhone 6 and even the HTC One M8 (Android version).

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
If you guys got GTA working you're lucky. Not only were my on screen controls messed up but it would crash randomly once the game starts. Sometimes after a few sec, sometimes after a min. Ended up un-installing it. Some other games would crash randomly as well, some load slow. Not impressed so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi