deutsche telekom software for us version question

spdsk8race

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
i am unsure if this would benefit or help anyone on tmobile usa, but could we push the deutsche telekom software to the unlocked devices purchased in the united states to utilize hd voice and vvm? anyway to test this?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, previously you could flash roms using the nokia care suite (being one of the avenues).

As the phones have universal gsm radios so in theory it should be doable however in reality the situation could be different.

I would say wait and see how this pans out with WM10.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You could flash the Deutsche Telekom ROM onto the US variant as long as the frequencies and variants match. Also HD voice and VVM is a carrier feature and may be dependent on the carrier to enable it first. Historically, VVM and HD voice had always worked for me on unlocked Lumias running WP 8.1.

spdsk8race

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
thank you for the quick responses, i'm using the duel sim unlocked, unbranded 950 xl. currently i receive band 12, but no volte. im wondering since im under the understanding that the device is the same as the tmobile uk, it might be possible to flash that rom, since it has hd voice and uses the same bands as here in the us, while also enabling volte. just nervous about spending the next 2 days unbricking my device. i guess i am still within the 30 day return policy :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2