950XL Preorder Wave 2 by Dec.11th?

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
i think 50% of the time i have chatted online with them from the pop up thats on their store site, i have been asked to get a verification code.
I'll be waiting this week to see what happens now with the order, now that the pre auth is on my credit card again.

The preauthorization dropped off yesterday. Guess next time it should be actual charge. So when see it, should be shipping next day.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
getting the run around from microsoft online chat now...
they are telling me my pre-auth charge is not really a charge - but just checking i have the available fundds... except they did that on 11/24 also!
so they said contact my cc company and ask them to allow the charge...
which i just did - they told me - they have approved the charge...
so then they tried to call microsoft with me on the line, and of course, the dreaded hold music was there aso the cc company said they would call me back later...and try again then
before i signed off with microsoft chat person, i was told that once my cc company approved the charge they would release the shipment...
i call bs now.. shame, as i am a HUGE microsoft fan - and they are losing me and my loyalty with this type of run around for an order where i have already received one item on the same order but they cant give a confirmed ship date for the major item... how can they expect to make money???

ale_ers

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I got a little worried when the Pre Authorization charge dropped off. But I think that happed before. Here is hoping the next charge is the real one.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have to say MS Store has worst customer service of any large company. It is pretty sad that actual reps do not have acess to orders. I tried today on chat and rep never asked order# or name just asked item and what did confirmation email say date was. She said lets go with that...

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The MS Store full stop is appalling. The site completely screwed over my original 950xl order, and customer support firstly said that Firefox would be responsible for the webstore adding up the cost of phone and shipping wrong by over ?100! They then couldn't fix payment requests when the site duplicated my order, their only response, even at "the highest levels of escalation" was wait and see. Then they told me I was incorrect when I told them that Amazon was taking pre-orders including tax & next day shipping for the same amount MS was charging excluding tax & shipping. Even when I sent them a link they insisted it was incorrect and excluded tax. They kept on ignoring everything until I cancelled the order.

Interestingly they are also trying to blame Amazon for their (UK) shipping delay, even when I pointed out that Clove, Argos and Expansys were also quoting delays from Microsoft, they insisted it was the local retailers fault....

revolvet

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It's very likely that the second wave may not receive the phone on-time. The shipment may be delayed due to:
- The number of order is higher than anticipated.
- There was an issue of manufacturing process.

spe317

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
This is in regards to a white xl ordered directly from the US Microsoft store.

Contacted support after finding my order status changed to backorder and then after having enough of the same scripted response, I demanded to speak to a customer service rep.

Customer service rep replied, Despite your phone being labeled as "back-ordered", the phone will be shipped on the 11th and you should receive it next week. She repeatedly assured me that it will meet the delivery standards and would provide a refund if it failed to be delivered on time.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
my pending charge appeared on the 4th and disappeared on 12/7 late night i think....
i dont have a pending charge anymore
im one of ones that ordered on 11/24 and my order still says "coming soon" and "in process"
white 950XL - USA

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I had a pending charge that dropped off as well. I'm still hoping I get the real charge soon.

ordered mine dec 1st. having issues with paypal not using the right funding source so i used discover card instead. had $800+ available before ordering and $63 left after order and said $684 pending, yea paid extra for shipping.ships by dec 11th when i ordered but checking MS order history i have no date just order in process and back ordered. after reading a few posts here i checked my discover card still the same $63 available. but no more $684 pending or charged. cant even see anything in hisitory.

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
this is my first windows phone and its not going very well. if ever do get the phone, hopefully before the end of the year, there will be no issues. waiting almost 3 weeks for a defective phone will not be fun

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes