WiFi issue 5ghz 950xl

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have been experiencing issues with Linksys routers the last few years. Finally switched to Apple routers, no issues since. Netgear works great also. Also of note, some wifi chipsets just dont play well with other devices. Especially from competing manufacturers. You never know which ones. It is a **** move totally.

I know first hand. Had a Sony and Toshiba laptop that was never able to connect to home wifi after 3 replacement units. Works at the store and with other routers. All other devices worked fine with router for years. Finally got different brand laptop worked fine. Never had wifi issues.

Turns out other peeps had exact same issue. That model laptops had so many returns.

Maybe it is time for a new Wi-Fi box but how can I tell what to buy if some work some dont :?( this e4200 was expensive and worked fine for years with Lumia 1520 and still serves my xbox ones perfectly at 5ghz

Personally I think it might be a 950xl 5ghz + UK spec issue but I dont have enough info

thanks for the reply :?)

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. The 950 is your odd man out. Maybe exchange it if you are still within return period. Otherwise check fir firmware update on your router. Or try no encryption to test for a few days. You use wpa+wpa2? Or wpa2 only?

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. The 950 is your odd man out. Maybe exchange it if you are still within return period. Otherwise check fir firmware update on your router. Or try no encryption to test for a few days. You use wpa+wpa2? Or wpa2 only?

Yep but this is already my 2nd 950xl I'm sure it's 5ghz uk bug nay mind I'll use old school 2.4

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but I wonder if it's related to a problem I've been having across my devices on my router.

When the wifi device auto-swtiches between 5ghz and 2.4ghz on the network it drops because the 2.4 is so crowded and because of that it comes in and out. I fixed it on my PC by limiting to wireless ac and 5ghz. I will probably end up fiddling with the router see if I can force most devices to use 5ghz.

I was wondering if there was any way to lock the lumia's to 5ghz?

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Never had any issues. Using my evil Lumia 950 XL 😎 Might be due to the traffic on the router or perhaps some other routers interference.

mtiede

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I've not had problems with my 950xl 5gh. Admittedly I only started using 5 ghz since I got my new nighthawk router modem. But no problem whatsoever.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
The only issuse I had, is that my phone sometimes connects to 2.4 mostly when I am outside my house, and i believe that is due to wider coverage of the 2.4 spectrum then 5. I have always easily resolved this, just by switching wifi off and then back on on my phone..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon