HERE Drive+ is back, but...

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
After the HERE Drive+ disappear from the store for a while, it came back today. But I was told it is not compatible with my device.

Anyone got luck to install it?

gsjansen

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
working fine on my 950 xl as well. Here maps, Here drive, and here transit all installed and are working. The only thing that I cannot install to my phone is here city lens........

nausky

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
After the HERE Drive+ disappear from the store for a while, it came back today. But I was told it is not compatible with my device.

Anyone got luck to install it?

Search "here" in the store. There are a few versions of the app, but one of them should be compatible with your 950.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
woooah! thanks for this post, I don't know why and maybe some of you will disagree, but I LUV here drive for NAV, its so nice and simple and not overly complicated to use, and I find it very accurate! but man does it take loooooong to download a map! lol

EDIT: oh and it works perfectly! when you get the right version LOL

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I think one is for non-Lumia devices (i.e. BLU Win devices) and the other is for Lumia devices.

If that's the case, then the implementation is wrong. They should have a single app and it should check for device and OS version and use the appropriate code according to hardware and OS.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
no I think one is for win 8 and one is for win 10... it shouldn't matter what device a person is using...
Oddly enough, I think it does because this goes back to Nokia owning HERE previously (see MixRadio). I disagree with your statement because I noticed 2 HERE apps in 8.1. When I have tried a non-Lumia, I experienced this for myself with having to install a different one over the one that came with my Lumias in the past, because they didn't work on said device. Now in my app library, I have 2 HERE Drive+, and also two of the Maps too.

I have tried and you can't install MixRadio on a non-Lumia. Similar situation, so I'm guessing they made another one to work on non-Lumia WP/WMs as well.

Todd Allcock

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I think the difference is in licensing. Way back the two Here Maps/Drive apps came one of two ways- with a worldwide license (all map regions) for mid- to high-end Lumias (e.g. Lumia 9xx, 8xx, etc.), and a single region license (North America, OR Europe, etc.) for the lower-end Lumias (e.g. 5xx) and non-Lumia phones.

So, in my apps list, I "own" both versions, but one is compatible with my Lumia 520 and Samsung ATIV, and the other is compatible with my Lumia 830, 925, etc.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Charging by using car cigarette lighter?

Yep. Worked perfectly fine with the 830 with charging. Even worked fine with my 920 before I got the 830. Bit the reason I am getting with my xl is akin to right after the 920's release with here

I do have a usb-c quick car charger on the way

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon