Some issues with my Lumia 950XL

ymendel

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,
Over all I'm happy with my device, but I've some issues hopefully I can get some answers.
1. When trying to do a print screen (power+volume up), I get a "action fail" and no print screen in my photos.
2. The build-in file explorer worked at the beginning, now, when I'm pressing on the icon it start the app but going out back to the home page.
3. The device is dual sim. I enter one private sim and the other sim is from work. I saw there is a smart sim management but I can change it to active.
It's say that one of the sim is not entered properly... I took them out ant put in again, no change. What is the smart sim management?

Hope I can get some answers from you guys.

Thanks.
YM

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
O gotta ask..............
Did you first setup your out-of-the-box routine by choosing to restore from a backup of w previous phone?
I only ask because all of these issues have been reported before by SOME users. But they are not very common issues nowadays, after folks are running the latest firmware and at least Build 10586.29

Not saying you MUST do a hard reset to fix these issues. But man it would be tempting to me if it were mine.

ymendel

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I had android phone before so I didn't restore anything and the last build is the 10586.29.
Do I've to do a hard reset? If yes, can I restore my apps from the store? is it automatically like in android?
How do I do a hard reset (sorry for the stupid question...)

Thanks
YM

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Every time I read someone having a problem I try that feature if I can. So I just took a screen shot on my 950xl. it worked just fine. I would try shutting down the phone first and then just restarting it again to see if that clears it up. It seems to me that any time I have ever had a problem with any electronics, the first trouble shooting step was to just restart the device. If that doesn't work you can try the hard reset

ymendel

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Mr Hyde, believe me I turn it off and on several times before I wrote the post.
And I've nothing bad to say about the 950XL I think it's one of the best
devices I've ever had and I'm trying to solve the problems and not just say it's a bad device.

Thanks
YM

M4cc45

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
There's a few ways to hard reset:

1.Begin by turning off the device using the Power button.
2.Then press and hold the Volume Down and Power button for a few seconds.
3.You may release held keys as soon as the exclamtion mark appears on the screen
4.Press the following sequence of buttons: Volume Up - > Volume Down-> Power - > Volume Down.

(Shamelessly stolen else where - can't post links yet - lol)

It'll basically wipe the phone and all the settings. You can then recover from backup (make sure you do a backup before doing the above).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon