950xl doesn;t compatible with Nokia Purity Headset

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
After two days holding 950XL, I just realize that I cannot using my Nokia Purity Pro Headset. I tried with another earphone like Coloud Pop, Samsung earphone, and my Lumia 730 headset. And that's all works flawlessly, but not with Purity Pro. In gadget apps, all the earphone detected except Purity Pro.

I tried to restart but no clues. Is this mean the device not compatible or it just a bug? FYI, Purity Pro works on L920 and my laptop, so there's no issue on the Headset. Anyone have this kind of issue? Can anyone help?

Moaske

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried pairing through the NFC chip in the headphone? Does it show up at all in BT settings?

Sent from mTalk

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, but it didn't need any battery power as long as I have the audio jack plugged in. So why can't I use it in 950xl?
FYI, I used it everyday before I changed my L920 to L950xl...

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
dude even tho you have it plugged in via audio jack, the headphones still need to be "powered" to work, the audio jack is just a pass through...

arjeel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the same setup but my battery works so I've always used Bluetooth. So I decided to try to use a wired approach with the cable that came with my Purity Pro after reading this post. Just like you, the sound does not pass through to the headset. If I plug the wire into the 950XL slowly, I can get sound for a brief moment then the music pauses (Groove Music) and if I hit play again, no sound (except through the phone speakers). It all works great when I plug into my Surface though. The cable that came with the headset and tested with is designed for stereo plus voice. I'm guessing there's some incompatibility with the cable and the 950XL. Try a regular stereo cable instead of one designed for voice. That may solve your problem.

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, if plugged in still need some power, my L920 and laptop should cannot handle this one right? But I used it on L920 BEFORE I got my 950xl, and yeah, there's no need power on it.

Maybe I'll try to use another stereo jack, hope it's help.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the 950xl's stereo jack is not putting out as much power as needed by the headphones to function. The headphones even if plugged in require power to function. They usually get that power from the phone itself if they are not self powered. I wonder if there is a way to charge the battery just enough to try it with the powered headphones AND cable and see if sound is produced.

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I wish I could charge my Purity Pro. I have tried many charging port and cable but no luck. And there is no way to service this headset in Indonesia.

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
So I've changed the stereo cable in my Purity, and it seems the cable is the main reason. I can plug and play the purity without any problem with new stereo cable.

Thanks arjeel for your advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2