How can I set different Navigation voice without changing phone language?

zlx

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone

I would like to set the navigation voice to Swiss/German while keeping the phone language English. I have downloaded/installed both voices and set the 'speech' option 'German: Default'. But the navigation voice is still English (after restart). Any idea how to get there?

(it worked on my previous Lumia 1020 with WP8)

Thanks!

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You mean in HERE Drive??
Go to the app settings and install new voice there. That is where you install a new voice to change from male to female. So install the country gender voice you want.
I would uninstall German speech first.

zlx

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi T Moore

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I mean HERE Drive/Maps. I have WP10 installed.

I can set 'English' as standard in the phone settings (Time&Language, then 'Speech). There, I have English, French, German and Spanish. I can only 'Add a Language', but not uninstall a language. Which is o.k. because I would only need english as phone language and German (Swiss) as speech language for HERE Maps.

In HERE Maps settings, I do not have any option to choose the spoken language.

Not sure if I'm searching in the wrong place, or if it's not possible... but I'm stuck :-/

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you use HERE DRIVE

When you goto settings, Navigation Voice is a second option for me, and there I can download any voice file.

zlx

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you use HERE DRIVE

Stupid me! I was stuck in MAPS (not HERE MAPS but the new MAPS that comes with Windows 10). I'm sorry. Then found out that here drive is available again (it wasn't a couple of weeks ago), now with here drive it works perfectly.

Thanks for your help :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes