950xl after firmware update, cortana no longer reading text over bluetooth

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2011 ford truck with Sync, and have enjoyed flawless performance with Cortana notifying me when I get a text, reading it to me when i want, and letting me respond via voice. I spend a lot of time on the road, so this has been a great feature for me. I recently updated to ,1004, and everything worked great as always. I just installed the firmware update last night, and now Cortana completely ignores text messages that arrive while i am in my truck. Anyone have any suggestions? Is there a new setting somewhere?

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I also have SYNC in my Ford but I hate Cortana interrupting my music or youtube (show I am listening to) every time my wife sends me a text. So the feature for Cortana to read me my text messages is turned off anyway. LOL
Maybe tomorrow I will try to turn that feature on and see if it works.

Right now I just got two notifications that my sim card or settings have changed and need to restart. Took two of those before it now seems to have stopped doing that. :-/

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Yea as above, delete the phone from car delete the car from phone, redo pairing process

Didn't work. I switched to blutooth and wired and it worked for a little bit, but as soon as I turned my car off and got back in, it stopped working again.

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Didn't work. I switched to blutooth and wired and it worked for a little bit, but as soon as I turned my car off and got back in, it stopped working again.

Same happened to me, it also removed the "Hey Cortana" feature from my Notebook->Settings entirely when I disconnected from car/got back in (I like to tell Cortana which album to play in Groove when driving). I'll keep checking this forum but thanks for the confirmation it wasn't just my usage (Usage = BT connected for voice, AUX connected for music, BT Option "Use an alternate BT audio connection for speech" toggled for testing, OS *1004)

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
The last two updates removed hey Cortana. Unless i have the phone on the start screen it doesn't work and even then intermittently. I miss being able to wake up the phone with hey Cortana from across the room and give her a reminder. That's what I use her mostly for. Right now, it is mostly useless and I really miss the feature.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon