Messaging/Texting Stopped Working

cheetahwig1

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
A little over a week ago my messaging app stopped opening on my 950XL. I've tried rebooting, using the ?send a text? option in the People app, and even using the query ?text? with Cortana ? nothing opens the app. I click on it and it goes right back to the homescreen (or to the app list when trying it there). I need to send texts ? my wife?s father is in the ICU and she can?t always talk on the phone. Any help out there? (Of the 2 most basic phone functions ? calling and texting ? one of them doesn?t work at all.) :unhappysweat:

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Try doing a soft reset (vol down+power) until it vibrates (cca 15 secs). If that doesn't help, then i dunno what else to recommend except hard reset.

Wineglass4Two

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
about 5-6 weeks ago, my message app no longer made an incoming ring when I was sent a text. I just figured it out today about 30 minutes before I was going to the Microsoft store for help. My messaging sim 1, messaging sim 2 and skype messenger were all linked together. I un-linked them and now everything is back to normal. Hope that this helps someone else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar