Nokia Lumia 950 XL not syncing theme with Windows 10 Enterprise through Microsoft Account?

minosjan

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 950 XL not syncing theme with Windows 10 Enterprise through Microsoft Account

Good day!
I have a problem with new Lumia 950 XL Dual-SIM mobile phone registered with Microsoft Account. Mobile phone doesn't syncing theme (startup and lock screen picture) with Windows 10 Enterprise PCs (I have PC and notebook). Other settings all syncing well. PC and notebook also sharing startup and lock screen pictures without any problem.
Both pictures in Windows 10 Enterprise are custom and static in JPG format, no slideshow, no solid color. Status of theme in "Control Panel\Personalization" is "Synced". In Windows 10 Enterprise, Microsoft Account Troubleshooter (How to Troubleshoot Microsoft Account Issues - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki) doesn't show any problem.

Windows 10 Enterprise build is 1511, English version, with all current Windows updates (last checked 29.05.2016), "Defer Upgrades" setting is ON, no insider content. All sync settings in Windows is ON. Interface language is English.

Phone OS is Lumia Windows 10, Core Build ID 1130.122, Configuration ID 13914.03216A, BSP Release 1078.0038, Application Version 1.0.10.0, build creation date - 01.02.2016. Interface Language is Russian.

Sync settings in Windows Phone: "Sync Parameters" - ON; "Sync Theme" - ON; "Sync Passwords" - ON.
Startup screen settings in Windows Phone: "Background" - "My Pictures", "Full screen".
Background screen settings in Windows Phone: "Background" - "My Picture", "Application with detailed information" - Microsoft Outlook, "Switch off display" - "After 5 minutes", "Touch screen twice to turn off" - "Disabled".
Logon settings - "Require logon after 15 minutes", PIN set up, Windows Hello (Beta) is disabled.

What can I do to get startup and lock screens synced?

BR, Anton Minosjan
Russian Federation

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 950 XL not syncing theme with Windows 10 Enterprise through Microsoft Account

I'm not sure this is possible at the moment

minosjan

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 950 XL not syncing theme with Windows 10 Enterprise through Microsoft Account

Why?
Theme settings cannot sync with Windows 10 and Windows Phone 10 through Microsoft Account?
Is where any official Microsoft statement about this impossibility?
I try to find it, but get no results which describe problem exactly.
BR, Anton

minosjan

May 30, 2016
Visit site

Good day,
Is there anybody answer me)?
BR, Anton

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Never saw it happen on my 1520 or any other WP I have had contact with, so not just a 950 XL issue, I am sure it will turn up at some time in the future.

Got to admit I am pleased it doesn't because what I tend to do is make the picture on my tiles on the phone into the background picture on the PC, if it synced this wouldn't work or look as good (In my opinion).

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I doubt whether syncing wallpaper between phone and pc makes sense. wallpaper of pc is in landscape mode while that of phone portrait. how can you use the same picture for both device? rotate it 90 degree? what if it is a picture of a scene or a person? does it make sense?

minosjan

May 30, 2016
Visit site
It (theme syncing) working well on Nokia Lumia 1520, but not working on Lumia 950 XL.
So my question is primary technical: is this THEME synchronyzation (Win 10 Enterprise ->Lumia 950 XL) possible, or not?
Because other settings (Edge browser bookmarks, for example) syncing with 950 XL without any problem.
BR, Anton

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
There was an official note about this, in the announcement of one of the Insider builds. I don't have a link, nor remember which build it was. They said that sync would not include background images because of the inherent difference in the form factor of PC (usually huge and landscape) vs phone (usually small and portrait).

The fact that you care about this issue indicates that you care that the background image look good on both your devices. Therefore it's worth your time to set it up correctly on both separately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi