Double Tap To Wake now available on WDRT and OTA

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
So I decided to pull the trigger and go the WDRT route. I couldn't stand seeing it sit there waiting to install for my US 950XL DS lol. DttW is awesome! I missed it so much. Glad it's back! Now for the long process of getting back to Windows Insider Fast ring

Humhead

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
US unlocked Dual Sim 950XL - Just got the fast build after the firmware but my tap to pay is gone. Not an option in Wallet to setup like it was. Guess I can't be 100% happy. Can anyone else confirm?

mixaogion

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
US unlocked Dual Sim 950XL - Just got the fast build after the firmware but my tap to pay is gone. Not an option in Wallet to setup like it was. Guess I can't be 100% happy. Can anyone else confirm?

Now that's unsettling news if it's true. Did you fully update Wallet through the Store?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
That happened to me, the wallet app won't update until you go enroll the device in the Insider Fast ring again (assuming you enrolled in Fast, updated, did a reset and restored backup, you aren't still enrolled after a reset)

Humhead

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I am on fast ring / build 14393.0 The wallet app is still version 1.1.16095.0. No update in the store. Rebooted. Sad. The Coke machine in my office uses tap to pay. I was having a good time with it. But I'm much happier with my WiFi not disappearing and tap to wake. So not regretting wiping my phone.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
That happened to me, the wallet app won't update until you go enroll the device in the Insider Fast ring again (assuming you enrolled in Fast, updated, did a reset and restored backup, you aren't still enrolled after a reset)

It sounds like the Wallet will be part of the Anniversary update, unless something goes horribly awry, I'm trying to hang out on Release Preview and not re-do everything on my phone.
In some ways it seems a little nonsensical to me either way, have the wallet on the least stable build(s), hmm ;-] I was a little surprised they actually enabled this to work with more than a sample institution, on the fast ring.

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I am on fast ring / build 14393.0 The wallet app is still version 1.1.16095.0. No update in the store. Rebooted. Sad. The Coke machine in my office uses tap to pay. I was having a good time with it. But I'm much happier with my WiFi not disappearing and tap to wake. So not regretting wiping my phone.

Yea, same here. I lost the new Wallet app, I am back to the Windows Phone 8 one, but I am in Canada, so could not use it in any case. I am on the Insider Preview Fast Ring already. (Build 14393)

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that under build 14393, you dont' need to go under the Extra section to enable double tab to wake. It is found under Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen, all the way at the bottom. You have "Double-tap to wake up phone."

Not where I would put it, if I had to choose, but hey its there.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone CONFIRM that you have installed the firmware AND have successfully got Tap-2-Pay back by updating the wallet and enrolling in Fast?

I want to do this so bad but i do NOT want to lose Tap-2-Pay forever. I purposely got a BofA Visa card JUST to use Tap-2-Pay on my 950XL. Don't want to ruin that. I got to figure that the wallet app will update, i remember installing the latest insider build and trying to update the Wallet App with no luck for a day or two then it suddenly appeared as 2.0 and i was good. But can anyone confirm they have both (DTTW & TTP)?

Humhead

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes! About 7 hours later, the store had an update for wallet and I have Tap to pay again. I have everything I want. Years, I've been with Windows phone waiting for "something coming out soon." For the first time, I don't think I'm waiting on anything. Too bad "Windows phone is dead". I'm actually really, really happy with it right now.

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes! About 7 hours later, the store had an update for wallet and I have Tap to pay again. I have everything I want. Years, I've been with Windows phone waiting for "something coming out soon." For the first time, I don't think I'm waiting on anything. Too bad "Windows phone is dead". I'm actually really, really happy with it right now.
You are right.. I checked the Store right now, and I see the Wallet app, and a a bunch of other apps being updated, including Skype.

Maybe App store Insider version works similarly to Windows 10, where you need to join a wave, and that is why it takes time.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
guys no need to use WDRT to get DTTW and have to redo/re-install your device, the new FW is released OTA now! I'm getting it now and I'm in north America! about friggin time!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon